• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to reward the elderly?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to reward the elderly?

Time to reward elderly, say MPs - Telegraph

The elderly have seen amazing rises in wealth due to house price rises. They got free university education. The NHS spends more on elderly then it ever has. When the pension was first introduced only 40% lived to see it - now they retire at 60/65 and live to average of 74/78.

Isn't it about time they gave a little back?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Time to reward elderly, say MPs - Telegraph

The elderly have seen amazing rises in wealth due to house price rises. They got free university education. The NHS spends more on elderly then it ever has. When the pension was first introduced only 40% lived to see it - now they retire at 60/65 and live to average of 74/78.

Isn't it about time they gave a little back?
    All these 'baby boomers' had the best of it!!!! Nowhere will I get the same when I retire, but then again I plan to retired before I'm 35!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X