• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fracking - is it safe?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fracking - is it safe?

UK 'could become one of world's biggest shale gas producers' - Telegraph

Fracking to cause potential widespread improvements to Blackpool

IMO the sooner we become energy self sufficient the better.

Apparently the improvements to Blackpool will come when the earthquake the fracking will trigger levels the place.

I'll be energy self sufficient in 2014

Comment

I went fracking with the missus earlier, it's always good to be told you made the earth move
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
        I went fracking with the missus earlier, it's always good to be told you made the earth move
        How much gas did you extract?

Comment

Fracking - is it safe?
          Yes, but I believe too much and you can go blind!!! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
            Yes, but I believe too much and you can go blind!!! :-)
            Is that what happened to Stevie Wonder?

PS have you seen Stevie Wonder's new car? Neither has he.....

Comment

Might be worth leaving ours alone while the rest of the world goes fracking mad. The US has so much fracking gas that they are exporting it. Would make a change from our usual gluttonous frenzy on extracting finite fossil fuel reserves.

Natural Gas Futures Fluctuate After Drop to Decade Low - Bloomberg

Comment

Personally I think:

In large surface area countries - such as America, Canada and Australia its feasible.

In small countries like here its a potential nightmare, earth tremors aside, I'd be more worried about contamination of water supplies.

Lancashire wont care though, because its on its ass economically - which is my major worry. BAE Systems has taken massive losses and unemployment is high.

It will raise GDP so no doubt our stupid politicians will love it too.

A good (and not too biased) film has been made on this called GASLAND

Gasland: A film by Josh Fox

Finally, given that we're in drought its worth wondering how the heck they intend to do it - given that it needs massive volumes of clean water.
                Last edited by Scoobos; 18 April 2012, 08:54.

Comment

Think of the Carbon!

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                    Personally I think:

In large surface area countries - such as America, Canada and Australia its feasible.

In small countries like here its a potential nightmare, earth tremors aside, I'd be more worried about contamination of water supplies.

Lancashire wont care though, because its on its ass economically - which is my major worry. BAE Systems has taken massive losses and unemployment is high.

It will raise GDP so no doubt our stupid politicians will love it too.

A good (and not too biased) film has been made on this called GASLAND

Gasland: A film by Josh Fox

Finally, given that we're in drought its worth wondering how the heck they intend to do it - given that it needs massive volumes of clean water.
                    That's easy, use t'gas to heat t'sea water to create t'steam, condense t'steam and force it downt thole in t'ground!

See! We Lancastrians are an industrious breed!

Comment

Working...
                    X