• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds Banking Group Contract News <<Placeholder>>

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lloyds Banking Group Contract News <<Placeholder>>

So far I've only got hearsay - so not sure if it will be group wide or just in some divisions but it would appear changes are afoot!

*Awaits first hand account*
    Anti-bedwetting advice

In your opinion is this good news or bad news for UK contractors?

I'd heard they were off shoring lots of roles ages ago.

Previous thread
    Last edited by Scrag Meister; 18 April 2012, 08:42.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
      In your opinion is this good news or bad news for UK contractors?

I'd heard they were off shoring lots of roles ages ago.

Previous thread
      Bad - seems no renewals except partners (wipro, tata etc), possible offers of perm roles. Not had it first hand *yet*
      Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
        Bad - seems no renewals except partners (wipro, tata etc), possible offers of perm roles. Not had it first hand *yet*
        LTSB have offered me a perm role everytime I contracted there so no biggie but word from insiders (perm) still there is it's now a pile of poo

Other insider news ...BP are bringing their support function back onshore
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          LTSB have offered me a perm role everytime I contracted there so no biggie but word from insiders (perm) still there is it's now a pile of poo

Other insider news ...BP are bringing their support function back onshore
          Hardly surprising. The amount of pain I had dealing with BP support was unbelievable. Prime example

3 hours into go live we discovered database scripts wouldn't deploy even though they had passed deployment acceptance testing the day before. Acceptance testing had signed off as complete even though 45 scripts had failed (DBA) and users could no longer log in (windows support). How on earth you sign off as complete and valid an upgrade where the last line of the log file states upgrade failed please restore from backup I don't know.

As for why it failed it turned out database deployments had shifted deployments from Windows to Unix the week before and no one had been told.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
            thought it had already happened TBH
            Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              BP are bringing their support function back onshore
              It'll probably leak out into the sea before it gets there though.

Comment

Did anything come of this then?

Comment

Yes big changes - more of the same. A BA colleague told me that the UK-contractor BAs will be replaced with 'partner' BAs.
                  The Solution Architects I know have been told the same. I saw an email from one 'partner' stating they didn't have my skills but were actively recruiting someone so they could cover the role anyway.

This week has seen a big influx of 'partners' in my area, all quite depressing.

Would be keen to know how they get the visas with so many UK/EU IT Graduates unemployed.

[BTW - 'partner' is the bank's term for wipro, cognizant, tcs etc.]

Comment

Sad times...
                    Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Working...
                    X