• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car parking in Barcelona?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car parking in Barcelona?

Hi guys,

What a mad few weeks. Things are getting a little more settled. Long story.

Hence going to the family apartment in the south of France as rescue plan.

Now, we fancy going to Barcelona for a day - given that Girona airport where we are flying to is the same distance to Barcelona as the apartment, and that the flight is at 10pm, thinking about driving into Barcelona for the day, and then going straight to Girona airport.

Where is good for parking? Good for me is close to a Metro so we can easily find the car again, and get easy access to and from the motorway. Thinking around the olympic or football stadiums as close to centre on Metro but out of the city traffic. Any thoughts - other ideas?

Think will need to upgrade the Hydundai I10 to a much more sensible Ford Focus or Toyota Aygo to withstand the Barcelona beat......

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
    Hi guys,

Now, we fancy going to Barcelona for a day - given that Girona airport where we are flying to is the same distance to Barcelona as the apartment, and that the flight is at 10pm, thinking about driving into Barcelona for the day, and then going straight to Girona airport.

Where is good for parking? Good for me is close to a Metro so we can easily find the car again, and get easy access to and from the motorway. Thinking around the olympic or football stadiums as close to centre on Metro but out of the city traffic. Any thoughts - other ideas?

Think will need to upgrade the Hydundai I10 to a much more sensible Ford Focus or Toyota Aygo to withstand the Barcelona beat......
    The deep dark wood?

Comment

More helpfully, parking at Barceloneta was easy enough in multistoreys near the sea front. You could leave your swimming gear there as well.

Comment

Hi guys,

I park in one of the many underground car parks to be found in the city centre & all are well signposted (may be a tad pricey for extended durations though)- I'd stay away from he footie stadiums, but I have parked near the Olympic site and used the tube to get into the centre but for me it's not worth the hassle
        Not sure how long your are allowing for the trip to Girona but a couple of hours should be a minimum.
        Good luck with the homicidal taxi & truck drivers in Barcelona

HTH
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          I park in one of the many underground car parks to be found in the city centre & all are well signposted (may be a tad pricey for extended durations though)- I'd stay away from he footie stadiums, but I have parked near the Olympic site and used the tube to get into the centre but for me it's not worth the hassle
          Not sure how long your are allowing for the trip to Girona but a couple of hours should be a minimum.
          Good luck with the homicidal taxi & truck drivers in Barcelona

HTH
          I gather there are many underground car parks, hence was wanting one close to a major landmark or metro stop to find the thing again!! Is it easy to find the olympic site and to leave it? I am going with my mother who has studied about the Barcelona stadium, hence could be a good option. Regarding sea front parking - is this literally at the foot of Ramblas, or quite a bit tucked away where the German naturalist beaches are?

Gate closes at 9:30pm, so figured will need to leave by around 6:30 ish. Only food option at Girona is Maccy D's, so will ensure we get a good evening Tapas before heading off. Will traffic be okay around this time on a Monday evening?

Comment

I gather there are many underground car parks, hence was wanting one close to a major landmark or metro stop to find the thing again!! Is it easy to find the olympic site and to leave it? I am going with my mother who has studied about the Barcelona stadium, hence could be a good option. Regarding sea front parking - is this literally at the foot of Ramblas, or quite a bit tucked away where the German naturalist beaches are?

Gate closes at 9:30pm, so figured will need to leave by around 6:30 ish. Only food option at Girona is Maccy D's, so will ensure we get a good evening Tapas before heading off. Will traffic be okay around this time on a Monday evening?
            BTW Girona is a lovely city well worth an overnight stop. I can recommend accommodation if you fancy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              BTW Girona is a lovely city well worth an overnight stop. I can recommend accommodation if you fancy it.
              Been to Girona last time we were over, just an hour from the apartment - Figureres is also well worth visiting other than the Dali museum. Culture next to stip bars and p0rn shops makes it a very random place to be!

Plan B would be to park the car airport and get the airport bus into the city, but I fancy taking the coast road down and the fast E17 back up in the evening!

Comment

Working...
              X