• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Planet Earth's Debt Grows

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planet Earth's Debt Grows

Planet Earth's Current-Account Deficit Grows 18% - Bloomberg

I'm alright Jack

It's a good article IMHO - We need more people to realise that as far as the world economy goes, its all made up.

Apple worth billions why? are they making billions a year in profit? erm no..... Its because Mr Silver Spoon and his 2% of the worlds population buddies are telling us they project it to be that way.

Facebook worth millions of pounds? I doubt its even turned over a million pounds in the last year.

Skype worth 8.5 billion .... ffs.

I think capitalism is good mkay - but somethings got to give.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
      It's a good article IMHO - We need more people to realise that as far as the world economy goes, its all made up.

Apple worth billions why? are they making billions a year in profit? erm no..... Its because Mr Silver Spoon and his 2% of the worlds population buddies are telling us they project it to be that way.

Facebook worth millions of pounds? I doubt its even turned over a million pounds in the last year.

Skype worth 8.5 billion .... ffs.

I think capitalism is good mkay - but somethings got to give.
      You need solid valuations.

I have some magic beans here, which if planted will grow a beanstalk into the air that if you climb you will find a castle full of gold. I value these at £100 million, but will sell to you for just £1m. Can't think of anything that could go wrong getting that gold.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

It's MINE! MINE! Start coffing up you b*
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

From the article

Earth's trade deficit with the rest of the universe ...
          If you include the Solar System, which arguably we own (in the absence of evidence to the contrary), then we have a vast trade surplus with the rest of the Universe, in the form of solar radiation.

If our descendents build a Dyson sphere then we might end up with a deficit. But I very much doubt mankind will hang around here for more than a few thousand years when there are so many other places to explore, and certain stagnation for those who stay.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

It's a genius plan to keep the Vogons from destroying Earth to make way for the intergalactic highway construction project.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

As the old saying goes:
              If you owe the universe $1000, the universe owns you. But if you owe the universe $365,000,000,000, you own the universe
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

It's ok. I found the missing $374 billion. It was down the back of my sofa.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                  are they making billions a year in profit?
                  They do billions in profit and they've got like $100 bln cash...

Comment

credit where its due for AtW + apple, my sentiment sticks for Skype n Facebook tho

Comment

Working...
                    X