• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bbbooommmeeedddd!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bbbooommmeeedddd!

Just been offered a job at a hedge fund - its what I have been waiting for the last 2 years. IBs are now full of red tape. They are dinosaurs just ripe for extinction. A bit like the UK in the face of Asia really.

Will go from 5%-10% bonuses to 50%-100%.

The hedge fund is one of the best around.

Deliberately posted in general so you can all call me permie scum etcetc. The were actually very keen on taking me on a 6 month contract then moving me to permie - I felt I had a better negotiating position now.

Niiiiiice!

Good work Brillo.

Comment

<EDIT> I have to take that back... You permie scumbag!!!!!

Last edited by northernladuk; 20 April 2012, 16:13.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Wicked news

Is a great feeling to get something like this that you have planned and worked for! What a way to start the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Just been offered a job at a hedge fund - its what I have been waiting for the last 2 years. IBs are now full of red tape. They are dinosaurs just ripe for extinction. A bit like the UK in the face of Asia really.

Will go from 5%-10% bonuses to 50%-100%.

The hedge fund is one of the best around.

Deliberately posted in general so you can all call me permie scum etcetc. The were actually very keen on taking me on a 6 month contract then moving me to permie - I felt I had a better negotiating position now.
          Congrats BP

You'll like being a (High Salaried) permie and getting a whacking great bonus every year

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Well played Sir. Sounds like a win/win. You get more money and busier, you post less.

Win-win.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              The were actually very keen on taking me on a 6 month contract then moving me to permie - I felt I had a better negotiating position now.
              Before they found out the truth?
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Well played Sir. Sounds like a win/win. You get more money and busier, you post less.

Win-win.
                Noooooooooooo... the end of the counting thread??
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Win-win.
                  Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Noooooooooooo... the end of the counting thread??
                  I might have to offshore the Brillo account. I know it would not be the same without the counting thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    Before they found out the truth?
                    My boss is someone I worked with 15 years ago. He has already been going round telling everyone to nickname me batman. Which is quite odd as he was very very critical of my f4j stuff as he hated his father. He now describes me as the most interesting person he has met in finance - which does not say much.

Comment

Working...
                    X