• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does PayTag mean the end of cash in your pocket?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new mobile phone device for small payments, PayTag, could kill off banknotes and coins. That’s bad news for our spending habits.
    LINKY
    It is predicted that hardest hit by this trend will be my wife who looks to my trouser pockets as a small monetary fund, and my granddaughters who look to me to support their sugar & fizzy pop mainlining habits.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    It is predicted that hardest hit by this trend will be my wife who looks to my trouser pockets as a small monetary fund, and my granddaughters who look to me to support their sugar & fizzy pop mainlining habits.
    Back onto the streets for them then.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Just had a thought, what will happen to the poor begging Romanian children on our streets, will they need a charitable donation of a Paytag or card reader?

It will mean the end of most tipping as I don't pay tips when they are added to bills in restaurants etc.

and what about the dole fiddlers and poor pikeys who only deal in cash for doing driveways, waste removal, selling scrap metal and railway cable. all their money will be traceable and taxable

Comment

Some people use cash for anonymity.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Some people use cash for anonymity.
          The only way I can see it working is if the money (bytes) are transferable from PayTag to Pre-Pay cards which would have to be unregistered and untraceable to stop big brother tracking every transaction.

Either that or a bartering sub-culture

Comment

If only I had a pound coin for every time I heard of a new technology that was going to make cash redundant.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

No, but having a wife means the end of cash in your pocket!

HTH

Mr Pad

Comment

Working...
              X