• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Welsh broadband activists declare war on trees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welsh broadband activists declare war on trees

Richard Brown, Wispa’s chief operating officer, said his consultancy is raising money to begin the ‘systematic removal’ of Wales’s trees,
    Owned and run by an industry professional responsible for being part of the set up of one of the most exciting broadband startups in Wales, wispa Limited is now aiding broadband users in rural areas to gain an insight into their options for fast broadband.

Four websites constitute the wispa Limited portfolio:
    Richard Brown, are you a cuk member come on, Out yourself, you know you want to
    Last edited by Diver; 22 April 2012, 19:16.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Presumably they sap the power.

Comment

Treely awful.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Presumably they sap the power.
        and they have branches everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Treely awful.
          Their whole philosophy is Rooted in hypocracy

Comment

He's just a small business trying to make a living in a crowded marketplace, leaf him alone.

Comment

He really ought to mug up on the Spanning Tree protocol.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

He adds: “The trees will be pulped and put into use to make paper for the current activity that does appear to be important to the Welsh Government, the nonsense that is Carwyn Jones' determination that Wales requires a written constitution.

“It is estimated that the amount of paper that is required to pursue this folly will be roughly proportional to the success of creating paper less offices once the tree removal begins.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Okay, Okay - so maybe cutting down the trees wasn't meant to be serious!

So, most of you worked out that I (Richard Brown - wispa Limited) wasn't being that serious about cutting down all the trees in Wales - but, it was a serious point that rural areas are often much less well served by broadband than more urban ones - and if the Gov isn't going to take it seriously then we thought maybe a less serious approach might help them focus.

It's working to a certain degree, and certainly the awareness is getting there - hopefully we'll see some real progress on that soon.

We are currently running a campaign that is much more relevant to everyone.

The 'upto' charges for 'upto' broadband services wispa.it/upto-charge-upto-service/ is a webform that allows you to tell Ofcom that you want their support to pay a charge proportionate to the broadband you actually get, rather than what your ISP says you may get (upto).

30secs to fill in the form, your email automatically goes to Ofcom - 650+ have already used it.

I'm sure there are rules against ads on this forum (as there should be!) but this generates nothing but cost for us - so I am sure the benefits of all CUK members sending an email and possibly forcing change, are outweighed by me breaking the rules just this once!

So no - I wasn't so serious on the trees - but yes we are really serious about sorting out broadband in the UK.

Oh - and as you can see - I am now a CUK forum member!

Cheers all

Richard Brown (COO) wispa Limited
                  Force fairer pricing representation for broadband

Comment

It may be a cost, but it's also a good ad and marketing so not completely altruistic...
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X