• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Done for speeding....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done for speeding....

Fair cop. It was the Manchester airport tunnels, 50 zone, a very nice policeman in unmarked Audi.

Was actually clipping early 80's, pretty consistantly around the early 70's.

3 points and 60 quid fine.

Manchester police are on a zero tolerance for speeders campaign this week.

Kicking myself........

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
    Some government department must be short of money.

Comment

Fair cop. It was the Manchester airport tunnels, 50 zone, a very nice policeman in unmarked Audi.

Kicking myself........
      80 in a 50?

Consider yourself lucky your not looking at a ban.

I wouldn't call that 'Zero Tolerance'. More like letting heavy footed twonks off when they're taking the piss.

Comment

Kicking myself........
        Unlucky, as escape said, they must be short on cash.

At least now you know one of the unmarked cars ....

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
          80 in a 50?

Consider yourself lucky your not looking at a ban.
          WHS

Thought these days it was 6 points or so? Don't think it's ban territory though...

btw don't speed wilmsy if you get banned in real life too...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            WHS

Thought these days it was 6 points or so? Don't think it's ban territory though...

btw don't speed wilmsy if you get banned in real life too...
            30 over the limit is a ban. I've a feeling the idiot was clocked at the high 70's, he can thank his over reading speedo for the fact he can still drive.
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              30 over the limit is a ban. I've a feeling the idiot was clocked at the high 70's, he can thank his over reading speedo for the fact he can still drive.
              I was seeing early 80's on the police video display from the comfort of the back seat of his car....

Comment

I was seeing early 80's on the police video display from the comfort of the back seat of his car....
                So you had to do some favours to get out of it with just 3 points?

Your standards are really falling Wilmsy.

Comment

a very nice policeman
                  Sounds like the Krays. You shook your hand before slitting your throat.

Comment

When the police tail you like that the speeding has to be sustained.
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X