• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I feel slightly embarrassed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel slightly embarrassed

Just wandered around Debenhams picking up a couple of Maine T-Shirts, Jeff Bank's shirts and noticed a delightful slim fit jean. Tried it on and was very happy that I can now get into size 34"s although 32"s are still a little too tight.

Got home and had a look at the recipe and to my horror discovered that I picked up these from Red Herring.

If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Just wandered around Debenhams picking up a couple of Maine T-Shirts, Jeff Bank's shirts and noticed a delightful slim fit jean. Tried it on and was very happy that I can now get into size 34"s although 32"s are still a little too tight.

Got home and had a look at the recipe and to my horror discovered that I picked up these from Red Herring.

You want to be careful with those tight jeans hD, they're likely to give you a yeast infection in your lady parts.

Comment

I'm sitting here wearing the wife's bra and panties, that was all a mistake too, must have looked in the wrong drawer when I was half asleep.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

You lass!

Tone

Comment

Recipe for red herrings - in Kenelm Digby’s 1669 Closet, or Excellent Directions for Cookery, which promises to satisfy ‘the curiosities of the Nicest palate’.

My Lord d’ Aubigny eats Red-herrings thus broiled. After they are opened and prepared for the Gridiron, soak them (both sides) in Oyl and Vinegar beaten together in pretty quantity in a little Dish. Then broil them, till they are hot through, but not dry. Then soak them again in the same Liquor as before, and broil them a second time. You may soak and broil them again a third time; but twice may serve. They will be then very short and crisp and savoury. Lay them upon your Sallet, and you may also put upon it, the Oyl and Vinegar, you soaked the Herrings in.

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            Recipe for red herrings - in Kenelm Digby’s 1669 Closet, or Excellent Directions for Cookery, which promises to satisfy ‘the curiosities of the Nicest palate’.

My Lord d’ Aubigny eats Red-herrings thus broiled. After they are opened and prepared for the Gridiron, soak them (both sides) in Oyl and Vinegar beaten together in pretty quantity in a little Dish. Then broil them, till they are hot through, but not dry. Then soak them again in the same Liquor as before, and broil them a second time. You may soak and broil them again a third time; but twice may serve. They will be then very short and crisp and savoury. Lay them upon your Sallet, and you may also put upon it, the Oyl and Vinegar, you soaked the Herrings in.

Receipt! Receipt! Receipt! Curse my fangled brain today!

Thanks Diver, may just cook these in a faint hope of absolving my shame in my shopping faux pas!
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Time of the month?
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Thanks Diver, may just cook these in a faint hope of absolving my shame in my shopping faux pas!
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  Time of the month?
                  Why be obtuse about a normal biological function? Why not just ask directly if Arsenal are playing at home?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Why be obtuse about a normal biological function? Why not just ask directly if Arsenal are playing at home?
                    Decorators in again, Love?

Comment

Working...
                    X