• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Animation for a Hobby!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Animation for a Hobby!

Was checking out the trailer for the Avengers film when I came across this 'fan made' video by some fella learning computer animation. Impressive to say the least.

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Impressive
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Cool, what's the technology used?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Cool, what's the technology used?

"About the project specs : Created on an Intel i7-990X hex core 24 GB RAM,
        and and i7-920 quad core 12 GB RAM. It took about eight months to do the
        animation. The models and character puppets have been a work in progress for
        years prior though.
        Autodesk Maya is used for the all 3d modeling,
        animation, hair and cloth simulation. Z brush is used a bit for additional high
        detail model sculpting of the characters. Mental Ray is used for rendering.
        Adobe After Effects is where it's all composited and sequenced together. I've
        done additional editing and audio track overlays with Sony Vegas. (For
        questions regarding the sound design and music score creation, contact
        Francois, his info is below) All these programs are great but you can do
        similar stuff with similar software.

During this production, I didn't
        always have access to both workstations so that is partly why it took a few
        months longer than it should've to complete. Also I've been working full time
        job while making this, and haven't had the time I'd like to put into it. I hope
        to be able to take time off work for the next project and have it finished in
        the summer some time."

This
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
        X