• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dogging

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dogging

When I was at school dogging meant not turning up for school which is something I only did once. Learning to fly at the time I walked to Glasgow Airport but as the flying club wasn't open at the time I was hanging around the terminal building.

The airport was quiet and I was sitting in a place where I could see the clubhouse waiting for an instructor to arrive. Two guys sat close to me wearing flying suits and one was missing a boot and only wearing a sock which was kinda strange. Then it dawned on me who they were, Ben Abruzzo and Maxie Anderson who had been rescued near Iceland after their failed first attempt to cross the Atlantic by balloon.

We got talking while they waited for their flight to London, they showed me their charts and log and autographed my logbook until a doctor turned up and took them off for some food. A bit later later TV crews turned up and as the guys were making their way to the gate they saw me and stopped to say cheerio and good luck with the flying training.

Got home and faced the wrath of my parents who saw the whole thing on the TV news. That was the end of dogging for me.
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    That was the end of dogging for me.
    No! that would be too easy, I'm not going to

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
    X