• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Happy Birthday ZX Spectrum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday ZX Spectrum

linky

The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    WHS!

Comment

I'll take a PEEK later.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I'll take a PEEK later.
        BASIC stuff. Some of us grew tired of that and went on to Z80A assembler.

I even had a PASCAL compiler. <SHUDDERS>

I had wanted to be a coder before that but for some reason went right off the idea after those experiences.

Comment

My father told me that the spectrum was born when Sir Clive got his mitts on a batch of damaged Z80 chips originally intended for washing machine programmes. Half the chip was blown, but half usable. The ZX Spectrum was designed around the working half.

Urban myth?
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            My father told me that the spectrum was born when Sir Clive got his mitts on a batch of damaged Z80 chips originally intended for washing machine programmes. Half the chip was blown, but half usable. The ZX Spectrum was designed around the working half.

Urban myth?
            Best to ask Churchill or Nick Fitz. They were there.

On that note though, you can ask Fitz about how he helped Babbage.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Urban myth?
              Myth, probably taken from the story about his earlier foray into transistor radio.

Comment

Still got both my ZX81 and my Speccy.
                Brings back fond memories of college with me and my flatmate sitting up to the early hours with a bottle of scotch playing Gauntlet.

Comment

Still have mine somewhere, Z,X,N,M keys and spacebar battered by that Olympics game!
                  one day at a time

Comment

Urban myth?
                    Sound like an urban myth.

However there are a whole bunch of 'undocumented' instructions in the Z80... and legend has it Zilog couldnt get them to work on every one of the early chips so they just pretended the instructions just didnt exist at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X