• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Even more (web) tulipe than usual

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even more (web) tulipe than usual

Uploaded a webtulipe page that looks perfectly ok on hard disc but viewed online it looks like pages of this. Any ideas? Cheers!

xÚ¬WkoÛ6ý ÿáNÃН,ÇيƯ"‰ÝÚ[ҍ۬ûFI´Ä…"5’²#dûï»—²]§m搇D^žs.yTÿ»Ñ»óÙ§«1Lf—põáìbzAE7ÇçQ4šš‰ŸZm˜ ¦¬pB+&£hü6îïõivØŸŒOGÃþl:»c©³L»J–qxяša´-¸c XÁAÊmbDI`$Z9®Ü ˜åÊÊ”’¿K Úp•p zw hðÎ-¯—Ú¤ö3Èþ^°²R• Ëò µÄÚ9]X°²Ê¬GºÏN?Ó;~ç¢Ü²IÎŒån°*ÕKu~î;W†üÏJ,çÍ¢
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

You used FrontPage. That's the best you can hope for with FrontPage.

Comment

Seems like wrong encoding used in browser.

Comment

Don't use Front page spit!
        This is really wierd!!!

a) Old pages that are ok on site, downloaded and then renamed and put back up are same.
        b) Pages uploaded to another site are the same.

Wonder if the problem is something on my computer. Can someone check www.xoggoth.org/bloggoth.html and see if is gibberish (as opposed to rubbish)
        bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

xÚ¬Wkoã6ý ÿáVÅb´¶§4~ Û{›×6ʤ³ß(‰–ØP¤JRqŒ´ÿ}ï¥l“™¬ìŽ#ñ>ιä}нïÆW£èó õ¦ÑÅ9\ßžžÏF4Âðîx†ãh\ ~j¶ 2LYá„VL†áä2ìïõH:èM'Ã1½E³è|2xÔY¦]6\%¼ÖË(/¸c XÁûAÊmbDIîH´r\¹~ðÂ4xatÏ— mR»Ãâb ‘wtݘüëvö©ŒjíF´,y£«ËhrõÇ]˜»Bv!É™±ÜõB¥zaGíŸÛ_|mÐ.nüv¼o¶ZÍö{üj5µ³Éåä·atõÚ ÕMôù|áú$±v0=‚§Ýø8¼˜î3‚!´_»™ý{ҁö/åãján2;›FˆµL»M~ÃóÙÙedÂÍßû{ÓöN‡Goq(ùÜ‘»ãÝî~&w Û¶TÖ‰ù’ÌÚiþËKëM(×o„~‰Ò¦ *oóqéÿÙgJ–¦Be£Vùˆ·çÿÓ†IO” &E¦:”·¸Dóñì<•º®È‹*–•ã$sƒ)ùŠÐ–L½"Š¥Nîÿ¬´{Ͷú¼® S¼.ß:ÇëJúƒ=°z5k’~;WvÂp±X4s&µM˜j&º¥fi¸*Ü`½°¶|ñ*™ Ê*–ñþ?7>Iú]£AØax½¢ô)¹ÂS¦Rȸƒœ‹,w 瀵Ì÷÷˜Üõ±\»†_‰ô|Þo×2|Ä&ÌÁ"I…~àv¯n M*ˆ8ôÑX¸îþÞ¼R‰'A

I had a weird one when I was using an ISAPI filter for compression. Some pages were showing just like that.

Are you using IIS and any ISAPI filters?

Comment

Cheers dim. Just uploaded a file consisting of just the HTML tags and it garbled that too.

If the site really does look like that it has to be some damn thing in my FTP prog garbling on transfer. (Looks like the output from that MS jscript encrypter) And ungarbllng on download! Will try a different FTP prog.

PS dunno never heard of em
            bloggoth

Comment

Great site btw (well the content anyway)

Still reading the xoggoth tales.
              Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
                Cheers dim. Just uploaded a file consisting of just the HTML tags and it garbled that too.

If the site really does look like that it has to be some damn thing in my FTP prog garbling on transfer. (Looks like the output from that MS jscript encrypter) And ungarbllng on download! Will try a different FTP prog.

PS dunno never heard of em

Try sending as text or binary with FileZilla or something and see which one works. Some very retarded FTP servers mess up the files if the mode is wrong rather than correcting it (like most do these days). IIS is guilty of this.
                Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
                  Wonder if the problem is something on my computer. Can someone check www.xoggoth.org/bloggoth.html and see if is gibberish (as opposed to rubbish)
                  If it were anyone else I would say somethings screwed up...

... but seeing who's site it is it hard to tell...

Comment

whose

Comment

Working...
                    X