• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Happy st george's day to all!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy st george's day to all!!

Wishing you all a happy St George's day and hope that you will all be joining in with some kind of celebration. Be it a pint of good old English beer or simply flying the St George's cross with pride!

Originally posted by NickWallace87 View Post
    Wishing you all a happy St George's day and hope that you will all be joining in with some kind of celebration. Be it a pint of good old English beer or simply flying the St George's cross with pride!

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Celebrating all that is English

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by NickWallace87 View Post
        one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post

Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

This thread reminded me of my middle school history teacher in Devon, some 30+ years ago, who was called George because he was born on the 23rd of April, he was a million years old when he taught me and just searched and found that he died last year.

R.I.P.

I think the term that comes to mind when I remember him is "firm but fair".
            Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
              This thread reminded me of my middle school history teacher in Devon, some 30+ years ago, who was called George because he was born on the 23rd of April, he was a million years old when he taught me and just searched and found that he died last year.

R.I.P.

I think the term that comes to mind when I remember him is "firm but fair".
              We had a teacher who circumvented the 'no raising your arm above the vertical when caning' rule, by climbing on a desk before jumping down on you swinging the cane as he leapt. I didn't weep when he died.

Seems strange, but I remember a lot of teachers in the 70's being sick sadistic bastards, who had power issues.

I look at my daughters teachers of today and think they're gettign an awful lot more out of the kids then the ones in my day did. Obviously there were exceptions, who were great teachers, but most seemed there as they couldn't be arsed to do anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
                We had a teacher who circumvented the 'no raising your arm above the vertical when caning' rule, by climbing on a desk before jumping down on you swinging the cane as he leapt. I didn't weep when he died.
                Mrs BP and I visited "school dinners" once - its a sort of club for stockbrokers. It was at Holborn - building knocked down and I can't search for it at work. Mrs BP was asked to cane one of a stag do. They stopped her as she was not hitting him hard enough. Alas they had no clue - Mrs BP used to be a dominatrix and uses almost no arm swing atall. Its all in the wrist.

Comment

Hang on its St George the Patron Saint of Syphilis?
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                    http://www.stgeorgecostablanca.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/george-and-dragon.jpg
                    That's a chinese dragon isn't it?

and about 1 tenth the size of a Welsh Dragon, and it's not red

Oh! Is george the guy wearing a gimp mask riding the horse
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X