• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The LORD loves a sinner come to repent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The LORD loves a sinner come to repent

One of the fathers of the Green movement, James Lovelock(The Gaia Hypothesis),
    has made an about-face

expect him to be villified by the watermelons any time soon

what he said then(2006) -

As a result of Global Warming 'billions of us will die and the few breeding pairs of people that survive will be in the Arctic where the climate remains tolerable'.. by the end of the 21st century...

'80% of humans will perish by 2100 AD, and this climate change will last 100,000 years. by 2040, the world population of more than six billion will have been culled by floods, drought and famine. Indeed the people of Southern Europe, as well as South-East Asia, will be fighting their way into countries such as Canada, Australia and Britain'.

what he says now(2012) -

The world has not warmed up very much since the millennium. Twelve years is a reasonable time… it (the temperature) has stayed almost constant, whereas it should have been rising — carbon dioxide is rising, no question about that.

NBC

'James Lovelock, the maverick scientist who became a guru to the environmental movement with his “Gaia” theory of the Earth as a single organism, has admitted to being “alarmist” about climate change and says other environmental commentators, such as Al Gore, were too.

Lovelock, 92, is writing a new book in which he will say climate change is still happening, but not as quickly as he once feared.

He previously painted some of the direst visions of the effects of climate change. In 2006, in an article in the U.K.’s Independent newspaper, he wrote that “before this century is over billions of us will die and the few breeding pairs of people that survive will be in the Arctic where the climate remains tolerable.”

However, the professor admitted in a telephone interview with msnbc.com that he now thinks he had been “extrapolating too far”…

The problem is we don’t know what the climate is doing. We thought we knew 20 years ago. That led to some alarmist books – mine included – because it looked clear-cut, but it hasn’t happened, Lovelock said.'

hey ho, maybe the science isnt settled after all

Last edited by EternalOptimist; 23 April 2012, 18:11.
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Heretic - burn him, store the carbon.

Nothing to see here!

Tone

Comment

CO2 is a vial poisonous puss of the Earth and must be irradiated.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I imagine the greenies will be glad to be rid of such a loonie!
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

80% of humans will perish by 2100 AD
          deffo need a cull
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

The problem is we don’t know what the climate is doing. We thought we knew 20 years ago. That led to some alarmist bolloks – mine included – because it looked clear-cut, but it hasn’t happened, Lovelock said.'

FTF him.

Comment

In all fairness, there are some very good scientists out there, who really do believe their research, so make these claims, in absolute belief in what they have said. Its the very few that come out afterwards to say 'mea culpa', I was wrong, that I tend to be more interested in.

The only thing to me, that is clear, is that no one really understands this planet yet. I am not too sure if that worries me or not, given the amount of money we throw at researching it...

Comment

The consensus is visibly crumbling. Lets face it no-one really knows what causes the climate to wobble around, though it does look like there are cycles. The sun going quiet though means it will be very interesting over the next couple of decades. We will see if the sun does affect the climate.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  CO2 is a vial poisonous puss of the Earth and must be irradiated.
                  Indeed. We would be better off if (other) people stopped breathing...out.
                  Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Working...
                  X