• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

fluent Czechoslovakian

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fluent Czechoslovakian

Is this real - you must speak Czech in SW London - just got it in my email subscription to jobserve

Industry: IT
    Type: Contract
    Position: Java Developer
    Skills: Urgently required for a short term contract in the South West
    area is an experienced Java Developer with knowledge of JSP and
    Servlets. You must also be fluent speaking and writing in
    Czechoslovakian
    . If you are suitable for this role please send your CV
    immediately.
    Start Date: 1 Week
    Duration: 1-2 months
    Advertiser: Premier IT

It is illegal to say 'We want a cheap person from Eastern Europe so subjects of Her Majesty need not apply'.

It is not illegal to say 'Must speak <insert language of choice here> fluently'.

They DO run the risk of getting applications from expensive cunning linguists though.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by bfg
      It is illegal to say 'We want a cheap person from Eastern Europe so subjects of Her Majesty need not apply'.

It is not illegal to say 'Must speak <insert language of choice here> fluently'.

They DO run the risk of getting applications from expensive cunning linguists though.

HTH
      Nothing ever gets a positive reaction on this site does it? You are a knob bfg, the employer is Reuters and they recruit Europeans to develop products to be sold to EU countries and supported from the YK. Of course if you dont like it why dont you write to your MP and suggest that Reuters move their operation to Czech republic
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Why would Rooters hiring Checks on the cheap get a warm reaction from us?

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
          Nothing ever gets a positive reaction on this site does it? You are a knob bfg, the employer is Reuters and they recruit Europeans to develop products to be sold to EU countries and supported from the YK. Of course if you dont like it why dont you write to your MP and suggest that Reuters move their operation to Czech republic
          Maybe it is because I have seen such adverts many times and because for some reason many of them state a requirement for an Eastern European or Indian Language for a job based in the UK. Maybe I'm a realist.

On the other hand maybe I'm a nob ( I think you intended to say pessimist, but being an agent I don’t expect your vocabulary stretches that far ).

Comment

Czechoslovakian?

Typical ignorant agent. There is no such language as Czechoslovakian
            HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger
              Typical ignorant agent. There is no such language as Czechoslovakian
              In which case the suitable candidate should be able to command a very high rate. Sounds like a job for Threaded - he's fluent in several languages that don't exist.
              I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Have you not considered that the end client of these jobs may well be abroad and someone is developing in the UK for them instead of offshoring?

If it upsets you that much then learn the foreign language and apply for the job.
                I would suggest Urdu or Hindi might be a good start seeing as how thats where all the jobs are going maybe cantonese or mandarin.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

There is no such language as Czechoslovakian

Comment

There's no such language as Czechoslovakian.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X