• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT consultancy earns 10 billion revenues and takes on 40,000 staff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT consultancy earns 10 billion revenues and takes on 40,000 staff

Good news from Tata Consultancy Services.

BBC News - Tata Consultancy Services crosses $10bn in revenues
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Originally posted by MrMark View Post

That's probably equivalent of $70-100 bln taken out of western economics without taking into account taxes, money spent by people who earned them - could easily be a trillion...

Comment

There are a load of TCS working where I am. They're doing the IT solution, I'm bolting stuff together.

They're tulip, all of them. When the bloke with the spanners has to teach then SQL there are problems.

Comment

Case in point, Tata - 240k employees with $10 bln revenues.

Source: Tata Consultancy Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IBM - $100 bln revenues (10 times more) with 426k staff (less than double of tatas).

Source: IBM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

IBM - $100 bln revenues (10 times more) with 426k staff (less than double of tatas).

That's because IBM earns a lot of its revenue from product licenses as well while TCS' is almost totally services. Plus, TCS' business model seems to be cheap, quick-trained hires rather than quality.. No one from the really good Indian univs joins TCS ever. Decent engineering graduates join product companies like Google, SAP, Oracle and even Microsoft in addition to the smaller niche companies..

Comment

Ok, let's take Accedenture -

$27 bln revenue (3 times more than tata) with 244k employees (same as tata - probably lots based in India also).

Source: Accenture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

I'm going to have nightmares about that MD's face laughing while my opportunities diminish at the cost of ICT and quick bucks for shareholders.

With so many legitimate decent companies going bust in the past 12 years (especially retail) due to this shareholder OR Private Equity / Venture Capital crap - making quick returns and then destroying companies founded years and years ago..

It's not going to work......

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

That's because IBM are currently using my services
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

i may be talking from my backside, but is it possible that TCS's labour is ~25% of the Accenture's elites? i.e. more people, yes, but also cost alot less --> even with low turnover, profit remains just as much?

i know certain FTSE100 company pays 24k for a principal engineer in india, which is what they pay for grad here.
                  Happy days every day...just keep invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post

Government play. Working for yourself forever !

Comment

Working...
                    X