• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's a feminist?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's a feminist?

fem·i·nism/ˈfeməˌnizəm/

Noun:
    The advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.

Some posters here seem to have a problem with feminists.

A feminist is someone (male or female) who believes that women are equal to men - and should have equal rights/opportunities and not be discriminated against because of gender.

The history of why we have 'feminist' rather than 'masculinist' as a common concept is that women haven't always been considered / treated as equal.

So if you're not a feminist, what are you?

Women are equal in some respects and superior in others. And so are men.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post

WLS +1

And nicely put too!

Tone

Comment

Originally Posted by Lockhouse

Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
        WLS +1

And nicely put too!

Tone
        WTS

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
          A feminist is someone (male or female) who believes that women are equal to men - and should have equal rights/opportunities and not be discriminated against because of gender.
          Hear hear. And in particular this should apply at home and at work.

The family courts believe that the woman's place is in the home. They are a sexist organization that should be stopped. And they would have been stopped by now apart from the fact that men are muppets with zero communication skills and let women run circles round us. Sweeping generalization/Extrapolation - but this is cuk.

Comment

Now be a good girl and put the kettle on!

Tone

Comment

This kind of discussion angers me, as it is patently obvious we are different, completely, in the way we think, in the way we act, in our physiology, our mentality. We are different, and should be looking at ways to embrace the differences, rather than fight tooth and nail over a rather foolish notion that we don't have differences.

Men would look at a knife that was 'the sharpest knife in the world' and devise ways to prove it. Women would say, wow, the sharpest knife in the world and accept it. Men would see a sofa at the top of a hill and think, **** me, I reckon that would be fun to sit in it and ride it down that hill, where as women would think, which twat left a sofa on top of the hill. Men will go camping, and start looking for wood to burn, whereas a woman would want to make the area comfortable and safe.

Obviously generalising, and a litle facetious, but the gist of the argument is there.

Women wouldn't have started fires, they would have protected their kids from it.

Comment

Women are superior in some respects
                wrapping presents. arranging flowers. cuddling fluffy kittens.

And so are men.
                Intelligence. Business. Management.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
                  This kind of discussion angers me, as it is patently obvious we are different, completely, in the way we think, in the way we act, in our physiology, our mentality. We are different, and should be looking at ways to embrace the differences, rather than fight tooth and nail over a rather foolish notion that we don't have differences.

Men would look at a knife that was 'the sharpest knife in the world' and devise ways to prove it. Women would say, wow, the sharpest knife in the world and accept it. Men would see a sofa at the top of a hill and think, **** me, I reckon that would be fun to sit in it and ride it down that hill, where as women would think, which twat left a sofa on top of the hill. Men will go camping, and start looking for wood to burn, whereas a woman would want to make the area comfortable and safe.

Obviously generalising, and a litle facetious, but the gist of the argument is there.

Women wouldn't have started fires, they would have protected their kids from it.
                  You reminded me of this :-

The Husband Store
                  A brand new store has just opened in New York City that sells Husbands.
                  When women go to choose a husband, they have to follow the instructions at the entrance:

You may visit this store ONLY ONCE! There are 6 floors and the value of
                  the products increase as you ascend the flights. You may choose any item
                  from a particular floor, or may choose to go up to the next floor, but you
                  CANNOT go back down except to exit the building.

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband.
                  The 1st floor sign on the door reads:
                  Floor 1: These men have jobs.
                  The 2nd floor sign reads:
                  Floor 2: These men have Jobs and Love Kids.
                  The 3rd floor sign reads:
                  Floor 3: These men have Jobs, Love Kids and are extremely good looking.
                  "Wow," she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.
                  She goes to the 4th floor and the sign reads:
                  Floor 4: These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Good Looking and help with Housework.
                  "Oh, mercy me!" she exclaims, "I can hardly stand it!"
                  Still, she goes to the 5th floor and sign reads:
                  Floor 5: These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Gorgeous, help with Housework and Have a Strong Romantic Streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the 6th floor and the sign reads:
                  Floor 6: You are visitor 31,456,012 to this floor.
                  There are no men on this floor.
                  This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please.
                  Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store.

To avoid gender bias charges, the store's owner opens a New Wives store just across the street.
                  The 1st first floor has wives that love sex.
                  The 2nd floor has wives that love sex and have money.
                  The 3rd,4th, 5th and 6th floors have never been visited.

Comment

Originally Posted by k2p2
                    A feminist is someone (male or female) who believes that women are equal to men - and should have equal rights/opportunities and not be discriminated FOR OR against because of gender.
                    FTFY

Women can be ditch diggers too. and there's no reason for the descrimination and women being treated any different to a man.

Why should women drivers get a faster response time from the AA and RAC etc?

Why should women get preference in child custody cases?

It's Gender Apartheid
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X