• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hotel in Edinburgh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotel in Edinburgh

Planning on a weekend trip to Edinburgh in the autumn to celebrate yours truly's 50th birthday. Anyone recommend a nice hotel?

Balmoral - the only place a contractor should frequent!!

They do valet parking - poor s0d, we drove from Stockport in one go, a bit of a shed inside - 'her' sweet wrappers and my pork pie crumbs...

It was nice to sit on the 'throne' looking straight down Princes St.

Tone

Comment

Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
      Balmoral - the only place a contractor should frequent!!

They do valet parking - poor s0d, we drove from Stockport in one go, a bit of a shed inside - 'her' sweet wrappers and my pork pie crumbs...

It was nice to sit on the 'throne' looking straight down Princes St.

Tone
      Thanks for that, except I'm a permie (sorry!), so aiming a little lower in terms of price.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
        Thanks for that, except I'm a permie (sorry!), so aiming a little lower in terms of price.
        So you have a 50th every year?

Come on!!

Live a little!

Tone

Comment

Stay at the Cally - The Caledonian.

I stayed there last year, in the Robert Burns suite. A bit pricey but you get a bedroom, a separate lounge with a telescope with views of the castle, and his and hers shower room.

Mind the prices at the bar, where I accidentally paid £15 for a single shot of one of their finest Bruichladdich scotch.

Comment

The Witchery has a couple of really nice rooms, but they're not cheap. And of course the restaurant is excellent
            World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
              Planning on a weekend trip to Edinburgh in the autumn to celebrate yours truly's 50th birthday. Anyone recommend a nice hotel?
              Depends what you mean by 'nice', the Premier Inn at Haymarket is smart enough if you aren't after too many frills. Decent rooms and good brekky.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                Depends what you mean by 'nice', the Premier Inn at Haymarket is smart enough if you aren't after too many frills. Decent rooms and good brekky.
                +1 to this. Did everything perfectly (or as you would expect a Premier Inn) and 10 min walk from everything at great price. Double bonus of having to pass the gentlemens clubs on the way to the Grassmarket!

.... never made it in time breakfast so couldn't comment on that though
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The Apex group have 3 in Edinburgh, I have stayed in one, which was nice, but the other two are very good. Apex Waterloo Place I think is the good one. Try laterooms too, some good oens there.

When working there, I stayed at the Holiday Inn at Corstorphine and it was a good hotel with a nice chinese restaurant on the side, and was right by the zoo.

Comment

See you all next week, going on holiday as shes on her lady time....

Comment

Working...
                    X