• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who said that contractors have no political sway?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who said that contractors have no political sway?

Just heard that two of my least favourite chaps from the last couple years have been tupe'd into the same practice as myself. The guy that runs the practice was really happy about them until I explained how they were when I worked with them, or more importantly how they cost him several million while still batting for the other side... He was phoning up to offer me a bucket and spade, some suntan lotion and a job out of the country for the next few years. But after our little chat I think one or both of them just got posted to perm role in Iraq

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Just heard that two of my least favourite chaps from the last couple years have been tupe'd into the same practice as myself. The guy that runs the practice was really happy about them until I explained how they were when I worked with them, or more importantly how they cost him several million while still batting for the other side... He was phoning up to offer me a bucket and spade, some suntan lotion and a job out of the country for the next few years. But after our little chat I think one or both of them just got posted to perm role in Iraq

What?

Did you just post that crap to boost your posts count?

Comment

No I posted it to cheer up anyone having to deal with a tulip end client permie on a transition. You know the type, you give them a list of actions to complete and 6 weeks later none of them are done because they are really busy with BAU tasks but every time you get to their desk its got the The Register open or Slashdot...

This pair of clowns wasted 6 months of my time doing next to nothing, and trying to play political games. As of the end of this month they are no longer part of the end client and now belong to the out sourcing company, and they just got a nice summer break in iraq, instead of the cosy internal job they expected. Hope they use them to clear mines

Comment

Not heard of Karma have you?

Tone

Comment

Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
          Not heard of Karma have you?

Tone
          Actually The way these little tulips behaved Karma is exactly what they have got coming round...

Both these guys were told that they would be moved to a supplier as part of the transition... (this was better than most of their team...) They then went on to spend the next six months making it as expensive for the supplier to get the job done as possible and ensuring pretty much every milestone sliped because they would rather play on the big WWW or do fake BAU jobs to keep them out of the way of hard work. one of my colleagues even had a minor heat attack due to the stress involved with getting them to do the job. So am I sad that these pair of twats will be given nothing except dangerous or crap jobs for the remaining time in the new company???

No. because unless you work for the Iraqis they won't be turning up to ruin your day anytime soon...

Comment

Actually The way these little tulips behaved Karma is exactly what they have got coming round...

Both these guys were told that they would be moved to a supplier as part of the transition... (this was better than most of their team...) They then went on to spend the next six months making it as expensive for the supplier to get the job done as possible and ensuring pretty much every milestone sliped because they would rather play on the big WWW or do fake BAU jobs to keep them out of the way of hard work. one of my colleagues even had a minor heat attack due to the stress involved with getting them to do the job. So am I sad that these pair of twats will be given nothing except dangerous or crap jobs for the remaining time in the new company???

No. because unless you work for the Iraqis they won't be turning up to ruin your day anytime soon...

And has this little escapade made your life easier and improved the chances of a longer, more profitable, contract?

If it hasn't might I suggest you're not really cut out to be a contractor.

Comment

Nah mate, you just sound like a w4nker.

I'm glad you don't work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                Nah mate, you just sound like a w4nker.

I'm glad you don't work for me.
                Trolling again SupremeSpod
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                  Trolling again SupremeSpod
                  Me Sir? No Sir!

I just read his post and my ****** detector went haywire!

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                    Me Sir? No Sir!

I just read his post and my ****** detector went haywire!
                    Oh I dunno. Nothing wrong with a bit of revenge. Can think of a couple I'd like to get sent to Iraq.

Comment

Working...
                    X