• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Real Ale...........Discuss

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real Ale...........Discuss

I cant stand the stuff myself - prefer lager !

But a look at the Home Brew Digest web site almost changed my mind.

I'd rather hurl abuse at Chico & Franco...

Comment

When are you going to start then ?

Comment

Used to drink loads of the stuff when i was in my teens. Then at 19 went to Ibiza for 10 days and drank nothing but larger, spirits e.t.c. Came back and now can't stand the taste of the real english ale.

Must say though i did found that real ales didn't give you a hang over as much as larger can.

Got me thirsty now just phoned Mrs Cooper to check there are some cans in the fridage preparing themselves for me when i get home.

Comment

Oi Spod - I declare today a day of peace. No insults, no bigotry and no hurt feelings.When you get to Israel make sure you say Shalom to at least 16 people in the first hour.

Comment

Chico sounded like you were writing a span post

for eternal happiness and good luck say shalom to

0-10 people = no luck at all
            11-50 people = good luck for an hour only
            51-100 people = good luck for a day
            101-200 people = good luck for a week
            201-500 people = good luck for a year
            501 + people = good luck for life

Comment

Does bottled beer count as real ale? In that case Bishop's Finger, Spitfire and suchlike are my favourites. Can't beat Belgian beer though for flavour and taste: Chimay, Leffe etc. German stuff is vastly over-rated.

Has anyone heard the Newky Brown is taking America by storm and is marketed as a premium product:lol

Comment

Newcastle Brown Ale is straight from Satans arse.
                :x

Comment

Carlsberg and Heineken are marketed are Premium beers in Oz...

Jesus :x

Comment

There are very few things that the British do well with Ale and Military Ceremony's being about the only things that are done well.

When ever we are down the supermarket Ill pick up a few bottles of ale with the idea of using the bottles (empty of course) in the bar area of my B&B when I return to NZ to retire in a couple of years

Not much of a fan of lager anymore (or fizzy beers as I made the mistake of calling them when I first got here and found that the pub we were in didnt sell lagers :rollin )

Regards

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                    X