• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PPI Claim Bonanza

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PPI Claim Bonanza

A few weeks ago I made a speculative claim to my bank about reclaiming the PPI on a loan I had about 10 years ago. I didn't have any details of the loan, couldn't remember how much it was for, or even if it was actually from them! I do specifically remember that when I took the loan out I was told that if I din't take out the PPI I wouldn't get the loan, obviously mis-selling. I was expecting them to say they couldn't find any details of the loan, or maybe they might repay a couple of hundred quid at the most.

Anyway, looked at my account this morning, they have repaid me thousands of pounds. Thousands. OMG!

Worth writing a letter for! I feel a trip to the shops coming on!

Kerching!

Comment

Sentencing Manual Obtaining a Money Transfer by Deception: Legal Guidance: The Crown Prosecution SErvice

HTH

Comment

Complained about PPI on Credit Card (won't pay out to self employed, etc).

Received thousands!

Kerching!!
        Beer
        is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Assuming it was mis sold and if there was a situation where you went unemployed and had to actually claim on that policy would you have done it ?
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            Assuming it was mis sold and if there was a situation where you went unemployed and had to actually claim on that policy would you have done it ?
            Absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
              Absolutely

So you claim that it was missold, but spent all the time reassured that in case of some mis fortune you were covered with the PPI and hence you did not have to worry about it.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                So you claim that it was missold, but spent all the time reassured that in case of some mis fortune you were covered with the PPI and hence you did not have to worry about it.
                If I'd had the choice I wouldn't have taken out the PPI, but as they forced me to take it out then yes, I would have used it.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                  If I'd had the choice I wouldn't have taken out the PPI, but as they forced me to take it out then yes, I would have used it.
                  I remember being offered PPI in the late eighties for something or other and thought it was shockingly expensive. I knew then that being self-employed I wouldn't have a cat in hell's chance of claiming, so declined.

Same story as those who wanted a repayment mortgage but couldn't actually get a mortgage unless they opted for an endowment ripoff, really.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I found 10 years worth of statement a while back and it has details of PPI payments on it, so I've spent the last week preparing letters for three credit cards and numerous loans.

Expecting the banks to fob me off (but then you go to the FOS) but you never know. I remember hearing on the radio last year that Barclays has set aside 1 Billion poonds for all the PPI mis selling.

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                    X