• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prosperity 4 - So this is why they are so expensive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prosperity 4 - So this is why they are so expensive

http://www.propaganda.co.uk/news/pre...-06/060503.php

Reading the reviews, I think their ad agency may need more than £2m

They got a long way to go if they are to ever recover their image, they would of been better of totally rebranding and dropping the whole P4 name.

Comment

Don't understand who'd use them, you'd have to be blind to miss all the bad posts and comments here and on blagger.com

10 out of 10 for trying through, their ads really have been everywhere.

Comment

Prosperity4 ...i'm In Hell...please Help Me!!!

Hi All,
        i only just googled prosperity4 and came across this site.... I honestly don't know if the comments here are from competitors or the good ones are from P4 staff..whatever the case.. Here's my story..6 months ago i got a contract job with a large organisation through an agency..some 5 months later my employers advised thsat they would like to increase my salary and then i found out that the agency had offered me the job as £124.00 and lied about the rate as my employers actually pay them 150.00 not including the percentage they recieving for their services, and yet still taxed me high on what i was recieving. How was so upset, i decided to leave them , and joined P4.. all i can say is that, its been awful!!! I don't understand how i can be earning £174.00 a day and my take home pay is £534.00 for a week, this is even lower than i what i was getting on PAYE AT £124.00.
        I was driving home today and i just started crying in the car...my work journey is so long and the work is so demanding..its now worse because i am meant to earn this much and i can'y pay my rent!..I joined them on the 9th of October, just a month, i feel its early so i can run as fast as i can.. Please i need advise from those who have been burned by these people, kindly advise me on what steps to take, i am now considering setting up my own Ltd. company, i would rather do this and pay an accountant to run my affirs. I need your help guys , please advise me! ***I don not want any responses from anyone advising me that Prosperity 4 is a good company or to join another Umbrella company*** I need advise on how to handle my financial affairs as a contractor. Thank you!

Comment

Calm down, all is not lost.

Running your own Ltd is the way to go in the opinion of the majority on this board. Chalk your bad times so far up to experience and be determined to learn from them.

Take a deep breath and first of all read the first timer guides here and at http://www.pcg.org.uk from cover to cover. Then read the stickies in the accounting thread. If, after all that, you still want to run your own Ltd, this board recommends three accountants, all of whom will help you out: Nixon Williams, SJD and 1st Accounting. They all post on hear and will make themselves known to you. If not, call them for advice - they are usually happy to help people out without committment.

Good luck.

Comment

Prosperity4 ...i'm In Hell...please Help Me!!!

thanks for the reply ..i will look into this asap...more advice welcomed guys!

Comment

When I spoke to them a few years back they were charging 6% of gross for a service you could get for 1% elsewhere, that should be enough to steer you elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall
                When I spoke to them a few years back they were charging 6% of gross for a service you could get for 1% elsewhere, that should be enough to steer you elsewhere.

I know a company that charge £5 a week, pay on time sheets, Get you a 92% return and pay you cash in hand. Even better!

Call Paddy on 07979095459
                l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Originally posted by Money Money Money
                  I know a company that charge £5 a week, pay on time sheets, Get you a 92% return and pay you cash in hand. Even better!

This does sound too good to be true! I would steer clear

Comment

Originally posted by Money Money Money

He'll do it forra foiver!
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X