• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm guessing that this is going to come and bite him big time.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm guessing that this is going to come and bite him big time.

What a cock!

Cameron vows not to mix with tax avoiders :: Contractor UK

I wonder if that means he also wants nothing to do with all the management consultancies that use many different strategies to avoid paying tax, or the corporations that rip the piss dragging in Indians that are payed in expenses to keep them out of the UK tax system.

He's a sad whiny little man, although I suppose having to mix with LibDems officially for several years is enough to break anyone's spirit. Basically they've pretty much hamstrung the Tories into a state of ineffectual mediocrity.

If he'd had any bottle he'd have picked a fight with them after a year or two, and triggered an election, which the Tories might well have won while still in their honeymoon period and with Milliband heading Labour.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

And then he announced more ICTs over lunch with tax dodger supremo Blair.

Comment

I just don't think he realises who it is that votes for him. I know very few tories that are on the dole or low incomes. if he thinks he is going to overrun the Guardian reading crowd with a jump to left he's badly mistaken. All he has managed to do so far is make sure I never bother to vote again. I wonder how hard it would be to organise a walk out by every small business in the UK...

Just think if every contractor in the UK said sod it. Im not working for 2 weeks in May on mass. Im willing to bet that when the next quarters vat figures rolled in and the CT take plummeted there would be some very worried faces in the treasury. Im ****ed off with being trodden on like a criminal when I pay substantial and legal taxes for the UK government to piss up the wall.

Comment

He should first comment (with full disclosure) on this -

Cameron family fortune made in tax havens | Politics | The Guardian

Comment

Shark meet CMD's butt.

What the public servant did looked IR35 caught, they should have popped the new IR35 team on him. Done an audit on 'IR35 suspects' over £50K and had those as well. can't be more than a few thousand of them. The ones who you have to keep tell make a deal, the rest dump and claim you are shaking out useless middle management in the civil service.

They have beefed up the compliance teams on offshoring and artificial tax avoiding structures, they should have some successes by now, try a few test cases, if they lose in court tighten the rules. If they win maybe you will scare a few people.

You aren't going to see the big guys becoming full tax payers but you could possibly encourage them to behave a bit better publicly.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

What about HMRC who sold all their property to a company based in a tax haven?

The Tories are done for.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post

The Tories are done for.
                That was done on Snot Goblins watch.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post

The Tories are done for.
                  No, that was Labour.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    That was done on Snot Goblins watch.
                    So Cameron's not going to mix with them then?
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X