• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

M$ Office live

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M$ Office live

Anyone tried this?

http://officelive.microsoft.com/

Supposedly free hosting.... Not sure about the "Office Live Basics is offered at no charge through an advertising-supported model. Microsoft is allowing a select number of advertisers to place small, unobtrusive ads on a handful of member pages. Please know that our advertisers' content will not appear on the Web site you create for your own company. " though.

What do the panel think?

This is Microsoft trying to turn themselves into a services company as they have finally realised they can't make lots of money by selling boxed software.

It will just about work, but will be about 10 miles behind google.

People have got to STOP relying on services and move back to the boxed software model. The entire IT industry is going to collapse with this "sustained cash" model.
    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

I can see the bank I'm at hosting all their documents on Google's Writely server. Not.

Comment

Hey! I think I'll store my VAT return on a Live server! Not.

Comment

earnings

Originally posted by TheMonkey
          This is Microsoft trying to turn themselves into a services company as they have finally realised they can't make lots of money by selling boxed software.
          http://www.microsoft.com/msft/earnin...rel_q1_06.mspx
          Revenue of 9.74billion, seems ok to me
          whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Originally posted by HankWangford
            http://www.microsoft.com/msft/earnin...rel_q1_06.mspx
            Revenue of 9.74billion, seems ok to me
            Yeah but people are not upgrading as much as they used to. If you look, you can see the prices rising to keep the revenue stable.

Comment

The original question was really about whether anyone had any experience of it for hosting a business website and whether you were likely to become an advertising board for other companies.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
                The original question was really about whether anyone had any experience of it for hosting a business website and whether you were likely to become an advertising board for other companies.
                I wouldn't bother. £20 for hosting for a year. £0 for a template from www.oswd.org and 30 minutes adding some content is better!

Comment

Working...
                X