• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cars I haven't seen for a while

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cars I haven't seen for a while

Saw a Hillman Imp the other day.

Rather worryingly it had a tow hitch on the back.

I'd have though a tow hitch on the front would have been more appropriate if it was anything like my Singer Chamois.

And yesterday I nearly got run over by a Vauxhall Chevette 4 door saloon tastefully painted in battleship grey and rust, with what sounded like a really really holy exhaust.

There can't be many of either left by now, especially the rustbucket Shovit.

Last Saturday I saw a really nice looking Rover P5B. Must be a lovely drive if you can afford the petrol. Where do you get 5* from these days?

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

I'd have though a tow hitch on the front would have been more appropriate if it was anything like my Singer Chamois.

And yesterday I nearly got run over by a Vauxhall Chevette 4 door saloon tastefully painted in battleship grey and rust, with what sounded like a really really holy exhaust.

Last Saturday I saw a really nice looking Rover P5B. Must be a lovely drive if you can afford the petrol. Where do you get 5* from these days?
    Most of the normal oldies still running run just fine on unleaded - they've either had new heads or been suitably retuned. It's the high power Italian stuff that needs the fuel additives etc.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I saw an Austin Allegro near where I live a couple of months ago... from the looks of things it had been kept in an oxygen free environment since circa 1980
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

I saw a Triumph Stag a few days ago. One of those yellowy ones. Superficially they look quite nice.

Comment

I saw an immaculate Sierra XR4x4 this morning followed by one of those new BMW GT's which reminded me of a Rover SDI.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Search results for "Hillman imp" - How Many Left?
            Search results for "Vauxhall chevette" - How Many Left?

Not many Orions like mine left either, it seems: Search results for "Ford Orion" - How Many Left?

Comment

I'm looking around for an old depreciation proof classic at the moment, and my short list consists of;

80's BMW M3
              80's RS 3 Dr Cosworth
              80's / 90's Mercedes 190E Evolution

Puts a smile on my face when I see a well kept example of a classic car.

Comment

I went to a formula 3 racing event oop norf a few years ago, the missus is a fan, and it was ok
                but the best race was the last one
                about 50 2cv's - a good race and funny as heck

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I once had a Vauxhall Velox E Series.

They made 235,000 over 6 years in the 1950's.

There are only 9 still registered. VAUXHALL VELOX E SERIES - How Many Left?.

Pretty, pretty, rare....rusted to dust.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Saw a beautiful Ford Anglia the other day.

Comment

Working...
                    X