• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government open standards advisor works for Microsoft

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Government open standards advisor works for Microsoft

Government open standards advisor works for Microsoft | Enterprise | News | PC Pro

Open Standards consultation – important update | Government Digital Service
    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

You'd prefer that person to be unemployed bum or maybe this guy -

Comment

Just because people have/ do work for microsoft doesn't mean we are owned by them you know.

I think as long as there's balance in the committee, its all good.

It's also a bit confusing, I think the committee is discussing standards for document conversion and editing, as its been an historical problem (e.g documents written in 1990 on amiga, or 1995 in wordperfect are not compatible with modern solutions).

It's to do with open document standards , not Open source development.

Since MSFT played a massive part in making various home PC's interoperable,I think its harsh to instantly go on the offensive, like PC Pro have there.

It does pay to be suspicious tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post

It's also a bit confusing, I think the committee is discussing standards for document conversion and editing, as its been an historical problem (e.g documents written in 1990 on amiga, or 1995 in wordperfect are not compatible with modern solutions).
        I am being sent documents in 2010 Word format that I can't open with either with my word 2003 or Open Office. Strangely enough I can open them when I reboot in Slackware with Libre Office.
        <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
          I am being sent documents in 2010 Word format that I can't open with either with my word 2003 or Open Office. Strangely enough I can open them when I reboot in Slackware with Libre Office.
          Install free converter and you'll be able to open and edit them in Word 2003, I know I do it

Comment

Working...
          X