• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Maybe its because I had a bad night but this nearly has me in tears

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe its because I had a bad night but this nearly has me in tears

Soldiers' wives and children aren't the only ones who miss them when they're on overseas deployments, their pets do too.

This serviceman decided to test just how much his German shepherd, Ranger, pined for him during a recent tour of duty, surprising him with a special game of fetch.
    Ranger's reaction was caught on tape and uploaded on Youtube.

The soldier hides in the house while his friend, who has presumably been caring for the German shepherd in his absence, throw's the dog's favorite toy, the 'green monster', as hard as he can into the large backyard.

Keen for some exercise, Ranger chases after the toy, doing a lap of a tree before returning, expecting to deliver the ball to the man who threw it.

Reunion: The dog barks and circles the soldier, clearly excited he's home
    But instead, he finds his soldier owner, having emerged from his hiding place still dressed in his army greens, crouching down waiting to be reunited with his loving pal.
    It takes a few moments before Ranger understands that his owner is home.
    But when he does, he can't contain his excitement. The dog circles the military man, wagging his tail uncontrollably and jumping up at him.
    I know its sentimental tulip but this tulip has just caught me at the right/wrong time for it to hit a nerve and although we bicker and often come to blows when we are in the same room (we are now no longer allowed to sit next to each other at family dinners after repeatedly stabbing each other in the hands with our forks) I can't wait for my brother to get back from Afgan so we can continue to beat lumps out of each other.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

stop it you big softy.

when I used to come home on leave, I had to beg my bird to run around with me balls in her mouth,

I think a big fck-off wolf would have been safer

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      stop it you big softy.

when I used to come home on leave, I had to beg my bird to run around with me balls in her mouth,

I think a big fck-off wolf would have been safer

Well funny you should say that on the day he deployed he server his wife divorce papers so I think he's more chance getting a warm reception from the dog rather than the bitch

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        [video=youtube;4G80oSZ--QU]its sentimental tulip but this tulip has just caught me at the right/wrong time for it to hit a nerve and although we bicker and often come to blows when we are in the same room (we are now no longer allowed to sit next to each other at family dinners after repeatedly stabbing each other in the hands with our forks) I can't wait for my brother to get back from Afgan so we can continue to beat lumps out of each other.
        Maybe a puppy would bring you both closer together?

Respect to your brother for the Afgan tour. Seriously.

But beating each other up and stabbing each other with forks..? Bit stupid, TBH.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post

But beating each other up and stabbing each other with forks..? Bit stupid, TBH.
          We are close, if I ever need him he is there like a shot (I remember him driving half way across southern England to bail me out of Yeovil cop shop one night), we are just dickheads to each other when things are going well

Comment

Well funny you should say that on the day he deployed he server his wife divorce papers so I think he's more chance getting a warm reception from the dog rather than the bitch
            thats more like it.
            get some good jokes ready for him, tell them when he is noisey, then leave him alone when he gets quiet
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              thats more like it.
              get some good jokes ready for him, tell them when he is noisey, then leave him alone when he gets quiet
              WHS. Completely.

Even now, 5yrs after they've been out of there, some of my old colleagues wont talk and still go quiet. I was lucky enough to get out before it went pete tong. Good luck to your bro, tell him to keep his head down and come home safely.

(And assuming he's Army, he'll be smiling after the Army win today! )

Scooby.
              I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

I know its sentimental tulip but this tulip has just caught me at the right/wrong time for it to hit a nerve and although we bicker and often come to blows when we are in the same room (we are now no longer allowed to sit next to each other at family dinners after repeatedly stabbing each other in the hands with our forks) I can't wait for my brother to get back from Afgan so we can continue to beat lumps out of each other.
                Originally posted by nomadd View Post

I reckon you fight because you can't feckin spell.

It's Afghan.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  I reckon you fight because you can't feckin spell.

It's Afghan.
                  True, and most of us noticed but because of the emotional post we refrained from correcting him.

Thankfully we have a total pedantic Tw@t on hand to do it for us

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    True, and most of us noticed but because of the emotional post we refrained from correcting him.

Thankfully we have a total pedantic Tw@t on hand to do it for us

THe dog looks more like 'right, feck, right, oh, feck, right, so who's throwing the green monster next then?'
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X