• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Rich Grow Richer - How have you fared in the past year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Rich Grow Richer - How have you fared in the past year?

My income rose by approximately 16% 2010-2011
    Projected to rise ~10% 2012

With the rise in cost of living, fuel & energy etc. I think I may have broken even
    Confusion is a natural state of being

After the 10% rate cut that investment banks made, I am poorer than last year; riding out the recession in a poor banking contract ready to jump when the rates increase and focusing on a plan B in case it all goes South in that sector.

Comment

If you really want to appreciate how rich you really are just go to Afrika or some other 3rd world country to put things into perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        If you really want to appreciate how rich you really are just go to Afrika or some other 3rd world country to put things into perspective.
        Why on earth would I want to go to Afrika or some other 3rd world country!

They are all full of poor people who would rather spend money on weapons than in bettering themselves.

I don't even like going to England

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          I don't even like going to England
          Is it sunny in Wales now?

Comment

Is it sunny in Wales now?
            No you're ok, it's still raining so no drought here and we can continue to supply water to England

Comment

WHS

Take a trip to a really poor place in Africa where they don't have decent water, little food, poor sanitation, mud huts and are just about living on a day to day basis. Take it all in, how poor they are, then have a little think to yourself about how you compare. And when it sinks in, gloat & shout 'Ha! Look at my wad'.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                WHS

Take a trip to a really poor place in Africa where they don't have decent water, little food, poor sanitation, mud huts and are just about living on a day to day basis. Take it all in, how poor they are, then have a little think to yourself about how you compare. And when it sinks in, gloat & shout 'Ha! Look at my wad'.

Comment

I'm far richer...

In health, happiness, stress free, hassle free, lost lots of weight, more settled, learning more and enjoying life!

In monetary terms - probably a bit better off, but that's only one slice of life's pie!

Tone

Comment

Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
                    I'm far richer...

In health, happiness, stress free, hassle free, lost lots of weight, more settled, learning more and enjoying life!

In monetary terms - probably a bit better off, but that's only one slice of life's pie!

Tone
                    Well done Sands of Time

See, it's not all doom & gloom

Comment

Working...
                    X