PDA

View Full Version : The Rich Grow Richer - How have you fared in the past year?

Diver
29th April 2012, 08:29
My income rose by approximately 16% 2010-2011
Projected to rise ~10% 2012

With the rise in cost of living, fuel & energy etc. I think I may have broken even :ohwell

sbakoola
29th April 2012, 08:32
After the 10% rate cut that investment banks made, I am poorer than last year; riding out the recession in a poor banking contract ready to jump when the rates increase and focusing on a plan B in case it all goes South in that sector.

AtW
29th April 2012, 13:24
If you really want to appreciate how rich you really are just go to Afrika or some other 3rd world country to put things into perspective.

Diver
29th April 2012, 13:31
If you really want to appreciate how rich you really are just go to Afrika or some other 3rd world country to put things into perspective.

Why on earth would I want to go to Afrika or some other 3rd world country!

They are all full of poor people who would rather spend money on weapons than in bettering themselves.

I don't even like going to England :smokin

AtW
29th April 2012, 13:35
I don't even like going to England :smokin

Is it sunny in Wales now? :eyes

Diver
29th April 2012, 13:54
Is it sunny in Wales now? :eyes

No you're ok, it's still raining so no drought here and we can continue to supply water to England:smokin

MarillionFan
29th April 2012, 14:06

WHS

Take a trip to a really poor place in Africa where they don't have decent water, little food, poor sanitation, mud huts and are just about living on a day to day basis. Take it all in, how poor they are, then have a little think to yourself about how you compare. And when it sinks in, gloat & shout 'Ha! Look at my wad'.

Diver
29th April 2012, 14:14
WHS

Take a trip to a really poor place in Africa where they don't have decent water, little food, poor sanitation, mud huts and are just about living on a day to day basis. Take it all in, how poor they are, then have a little think to yourself about how you compare. And when it sinks in, gloat & shout 'Ha! Look at my wad'.

:laugh

Sands of Time
29th April 2012, 15:40
I'm far richer...

In health, happiness, stress free, hassle free, lost lots of weight, more settled, learning more and enjoying life!

In monetary terms - probably a bit better off, but that's only one slice of life's pie!

Tone

Diver
29th April 2012, 15:53
I'm far richer...

In health, happiness, stress free, hassle free, lost lots of weight, more settled, learning more and enjoying life!

In monetary terms - probably a bit better off, but that's only one slice of life's pie!

Tone

Well done Sands of Time :yay:

See, it's not all doom & gloom

Fishface
29th April 2012, 17:41
If you really want to appreciate how *poor* you really are just go to Afrika or some other 3rd world country to put things into perspective.

...by meeting some of the wealthy people there and you will feel poor and discover that the wealthy in third world countries are arrogant, ego-manic, hard hearted bastardos.

Old Greg
29th April 2012, 18:27
...by meeting some of the wealthy people there and you will feel poor and discover that the wealthy in third world countries are arrogant, ego-manic, hard hearted bastardos.

I get enough of that dealing with agents.

BrilloPad
29th April 2012, 18:44
My income rose by approximately 16% 2010-2011
Projected to rise ~10% 2012

With the rise in cost of living, fuel & energy etc. I think I may have broken even :ohwell

But the cost of hand surgery has gone down.....

Diver
29th April 2012, 18:47

That's because of hand relief :smokin

Old Greg
29th April 2012, 18:53

That hand worked hard to get Diver amputaed.

SimonMac
29th April 2012, 19:04
My debt dropped my 50%, I consider that a sucess

hyperD
29th April 2012, 19:58
Clawing back my warchest, so feeling a little more secure, but at the cost of working all weekend :(

Still, at least the weather was shite.

Oh, MF, the beer festival was quite good so yeah, agree with your rep comment, it wasn't all bad! :)

Now going to cook some char siu pork that's been marinating all weekend, and settle down with the DSA Biker Pack DVD and watch that little fox Louise Brady again....mmmmmm....