• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Five Reasons the UK Recession Will Get Much Worse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Back in Recession, Did it Really Ever Leave? Disappointing Details; Five Reasons the UK Recession Will Get Much Worse

1. The eurozone is now an economic disaster, credit stress has returned to Spain and Italy

2. The ECB abandoned the LTRO and is in the midst of huge infighting

3. UK services took a huge hit and that trend will strengthen

4. The Eurozone is the UK's largest trading partner and there is no reason for UK exports to the eurozone to rise. In fact, UK exports to the Eurozone, just may collapse.

5. The better than expected (but still feeble construction numbers) will likely disappoint to the downside soon enough, if not immediately.

If you thought the euro would help Europe, you thought wrong. The Euro made a disaster in Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Greece, and Italy. It's time to abandon that failed idea.
    aaand ... cue AtW :
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

He has to google a suitable response
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I'll use my own search engine and will get back to you once I found appropriate answer...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        I'll use my own search engine and will get back to you once I found appropriate answer...

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

1. The eurozone is now an economic disaster, credit stress has returned to Spain and Italy

2. The ECB abandoned the LTRO and is in the midst of huge infighting

3. UK services took a huge hit and that trend will strengthen

4. The Eurozone is the UK's largest trading partner and there is no reason for UK exports to the eurozone to rise. In fact, UK exports to the Eurozone, just may collapse.

5. The better than expected (but still feeble construction numbers) will likely disappoint to the downside soon enough, if not immediately.

If you thought the euro would help Europe, you thought wrong. The Euro made a disaster in Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Greece, and Italy. It's time to abandon that failed idea.
          1, 2 and 4 are the same reason. 3 is wrong. 5 is subject to review (no-one believes the construction numbers since the measure was changed) but will not have a big impact.

When the EURO explodes I think it will be good for Europe and UK.

In summary I believe we will flatline for another 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Does your search engine take that long?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

WHS * 2
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                1, 2 and 4 are the same reason. 3 is wrong. 5 is subject to review (no-one believes the construction numbers since the measure was changed) but will not have a big impact.

and then house prices will rocket and I can offload the last one of my tiresome rental properties without taking a loss?

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                  and then house prices will rocket and I can offload the last one of my tiresome rental properties without taking a loss?

Once QE seeps out the price of everthing will rocket. IMO....

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
                    It may be a financial disaster but not an economic one. The countries in the Eurozone would have been much worse with their own national currencies. But the Euro is not equipped to resist the severe credit crunch.

Originally posted by OwlHoot
                    UK has more external debt to GDP ratio than Greece, Italy, Spain or Portugal:
                    World Debt Clocks

Only Ireland is properly fcuked up.
                    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Working...
                    X