• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Mobile Phone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Mobile Phone

Good afternoon

I'm thinking of getting a mobile phone/contract for business purposes only (I don't want to give away my personal number at work).

Is it worth it getting one of those business contracts from vodafone or O2? or is it better to get a "normal" contract and pay from my company business account? I'm not looking for a flashy devide or anything, just a basic phone (maybe blackberry to get work emails)

cheers
    Carlos

Originally posted by carlosLondon View Post
    Good afternoon

I'm thinking of getting a mobile phone/contract for business purposes only (I don't want to give away my personal number at work).

Is it worth it getting one of those business contracts from vodafone or O2? or is it better to get a "normal" contract and pay from my company business account? I'm not looking for a flashy devide or anything, just a basic phone (maybe blackberry to get work emails)

cheers
    Carlos
    The cheapest option is probably to get a basic handset (they are stupidly cheap these days) and a sim only PAYG deal

You can get your work emails on your personal smart phone
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

cheapest - as spaceman says, get a pay as you go and buy the credit using company bank card or expense it

easiest - get a monthly business tarif under the company name, use the phone and the bill comes off the company account
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        The cheapest option is probably to get a basic handset (they are stupidly cheap these days) and a sim only PAYG deal

You can get your work emails on your personal smart phone
        You can get Emails WIFI and Internet on any vodafone PAYG,smartphone. it's £5 a month, you just call vodafone customer services to set it up. the £5 comes out of your calling credit monthly.
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          You can get Emails WIFI and Internet on any vodafone PAYG,smartphone. it's £5 a month, you just call vodafone customer services to set it up. the £5 comes out of your calling credit monthly.
          but that means having to buy a smart phone for that SIM card. I made the suggestion as if he already has an iphone/android then he might not want to be carrying another smartphone around with him.
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            but that means having to buy a smart phone for that SIM card. I made the suggestion as if he already has an iphone/android then he might not want to be carrying another smartphone around with him.
            thanks for replies, I may get the cheapest PAYG (or contract) blackberry (dont mind carrying it around in the jacket) and claim it as expense from company then.

Cheers
            C

Comment

Remember the contract has to be in the company name. Just paying from company account is not enough.................
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Remember the contract has to be in the company name. Just paying from company account is not enough.................
                Thanks, I had actually forgotten

C

Comment

Working...
                X