• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British Gas, useless fecks or what?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Gas, useless fecks or what?

British Gas, or BG as they style themselves now, keep sending wrong bills and one of my people has to waste several hours each month sorting it out.

Basically I have a little business that for various reasons, (one being humidity control in a warehouse,) requires a lot of gas and so we're on the industrial tariff, and get a bill every month. Every month the bill is wrong. They seem to invent some spurious reasons to always be significantly larger than what they should be. This month they claim a bill for a previous month was unpaid, (on checking found they'd cashed the cheque,) to add insult to injury they've stuck an extra £50 on for the bill being unpaid, and tagged on a threat to switch the gas off!

I would really like to be able to sue these fsckwits for the cost of my staff chasing them for a correct bill, and surely it is fraud to keep sending out significantly over the top bills, especially when they've been chased every month for the last year or so, so it appears to me as policy, not accidental.

But realistically, anyone have experience of a better supplier or are all the gas firms in the UK like this nowadays?
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Bulltulip.

Comment

What he means is that his mum had to send in a self-reading last month as she had an estimated bill.
      I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Basically I have a little business that for various reasons, (one being humidity control in a warehouse,)

Hope your not smoking all the profit !!

Comment

you're

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
            British Gas, or BG as they style themselves now, keep sending wrong bills and one of my people has to waste several hours each month sorting it out.

Basically I have a little business that for various reasons, (one being humidity control in a warehouse,) requires a lot of gas and so we're on the industrial tariff, and get a bill every month. Every month the bill is wrong. They seem to invent some spurious reasons to always be significantly larger than what they should be. This month they claim a bill for a previous month was unpaid, (on checking found they'd cashed the cheque,) to add insult to injury they've stuck an extra £50 on for the bill being unpaid, and tagged on a threat to switch the gas off!

I would really like to be able to sue these fsckwits for the cost of my staff chasing them for a correct bill, and surely it is fraud to keep sending out significantly over the top bills, especially when they've been chased every month for the last year or so, so it appears to me as policy, not accidental.

But realistically, anyone have experience of a better supplier or are all the gas firms in the UK like this nowadays?
            It can get worse. I have an empty property that has no gas supply. I started getting gas bills then the usual threatening letters (addressed to a Mr Singh) . I made several phone calls, sent faxes and letters to British Gas, they promised each time to sort it out. On day I went to the property and the front door lock was changed with a note from British Gas. Rather than drive 30 miles to collect the new key I changed the lock and wrote to British Gas. They wrote back and said that their records show that they have removed the Gas meter for none payment. Rather interesting since there has never been any gas supply in that house. British Gas said they will sort it out. A few weeks latter I started getting bills and letters from British Gas again addressed to Mr Singh. Two weeks later I arrived at the house and… yes you have guessed right British Gas had changed the locks again with a letter saying that is the second time they have come to cut off the Gas but they cant find the meter and they will come next week and dig up the road to cut the gas off. The saga continues…
            HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger
              It can get worse. I have an empty property that has no gas supply. I started getting gas bills then the usual threatening letters (addressed to a Mr Singh) . I made several phone calls, sent faxes and letters to British Gas, they promised each time to sort it out. On day I went to the property and the front door lock was changed with a note from British Gas. Rather than drive 30 miles to collect the new key I changed the lock and wrote to British Gas. They wrote back and said that their records show that they have removed the Gas meter for none payment. Rather interesting since there has never been any gas supply in that house. British Gas said they will sort it out. A few weeks latter I started getting bills and letters from British Gas again addressed to Mr Singh. Two weeks later I arrived at the house and… yes you have guessed right British Gas had changed the locks again with a letter saying that is the second time they have come to cut off the Gas but they cant find the meter and they will come next week and dig up the road to cut the gas off. The saga continues…
              That would make me angry. The hapless, shambling buffoons.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger
                lol: let them dig the road up, you can sand over the hole and laugh at them
                Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Who sorted it all out after I threatened to chew all their legs orfff.
                  Good tip.
                  Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

I got a quote from BG for a new MegaFlow heating system for a 4 bed house. The guy went around writing stuff in his notepad, clocked the guitars on display, the plasma, the TVR in the garage...

...and quoted £12,000!!!

And I'd had previous quotes around the £4-5k mark.

Bloody Surrey tax...
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X