• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1st May

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st May

Public holiday here today, there will be riots in Berlin whereas the rest of Germany will be sleeping off hangovers due to the 'Tanz in der Mai' parties last night (otherwise known as Walpurgisnacht). Me, I'm on the way to Holland (Enschede) for lunch and then down to Münster for evening meal.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

1st May.

Where the hell did Jan, Feb, Mar and April go!!!!!!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Holiday in Zurich and riots expected, but not where I am.

Head office is in Zurich so there's nobody to support.

Might drift in this aft. At least the phones will be quiet.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Whatever happened to May day riots in the city?

With the government bailing out the bankers with bucket loads of cash I would have expected a full scale riot.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Whatever happened to May day riots in the city?

With the government bailing out the bankers with bucket loads of cash I would have expected a full scale riot.
          Apathy?
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            Apathy?
            It's raining. You can't riot with an umbrella.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              1st May.

Where the hell did Jan, Feb, Mar and April go!!!!!!
              Only 166 billable days until Christmas.

(unless you are 'open for business' at weekends or bank holidays)
              Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
                Only 166 billable days until Christmas.

(unless you are 'open for business' at weekends or bank holidays)
                Cool, that's still £249k to come.

Dimprawn.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Public holiday here today, there will be riots in Berlin whereas the rest of Germany will be sleeping off hangovers due to the 'Tanz in der Mai' parties last night (otherwise known as Walpurgisnacht). Me, I'm on the way to Holland (Enschede) for lunch and then down to Münster for evening meal.
                  I've heard it's quite hot in Germany at the moment. 7 C forecast here in Blighty for the weekend.

What's going on in Berlin?

I booked a flight for meine mutter to Münster / Osnabrück the other day. Turns out there were no direct flight from the UK, so it needs a Frankfurt stop.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    I've heard it's quite hot in Germany at the moment. 7 C forecast here in Blighty for the weekend.

What's going on in Berlin?

I booked a flight for meine mutter to Münster / Osnabrück the other day. Turns out there were no direct flight from the UK, so it needs a Frankfurt stop.
                    Well its about 18c here and sunny with a slight breeze, yesterday was lovely sitting on the banks of the Rhein with an Eis Kaffee.

In Berlin all the left wing agitators come out, particularly in Kreuzberg: a poor part of town, and basically destroy their own livelihood. Its International Workers Day but I doubt half of them have ever held down a job, ******* (they justify it by saying its an anti-fascist demonstration but in truth its just a bunch of th unemployed and layabout students all dressed in black throwing stones at the police.)

Münster is only a small airport catering basically for mainland Europe flights and holiday destinations of which the UK is obviously not one! MÜnster the town though is lovely, in particular the amount of young female students...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X