• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Las vegas suggestions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Las vegas suggestions

Off to vegas this week, anyone got any suggestions of things not to miss?

Note that going with family so no suggestions about drugs and hookers thanks
    We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
    - Douglas Adams

You are taking the kids to Vegas? Makes me shiver thinking of taking the missus let alone the kids. Hope you are made of money... anyway...

Sky Tower and rides on the top!! V Scarey. Do it at night.
    White lions and tigers + Dolphins at Mirage. You can see in to BARE, the European (topless) pool from the dolphin area!!
    Blue Man Group
    O (Crique Du Soleil). Only one in water. Watch the making of it on TV if you are geeky. V impressive
    Indoor fun park at Circus Circus. Not v good and lots of hispanic kids. Depends on how old yours are.
    Roller coaster in New York New York
    Lions in MGM if you haven't seen Mirage
    Boatshow at TI/Fountains at Bellagio... obvious stuff...

Keep an eye out for shows. There are lots of little interesting ones not just the mainstream ones...

Hows that for starters. Grand Canyon/Hoover Dam missed off as I am sure you have thought of those.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I haven't read what NLUK has put, so

Excalibur Joust - Good fun
      The Star Trek Experience at the Hilton
      The Venetian
      Circus Circus with the kids
      Blue man or cirque du soleil
      The free pirate show outside(? cannot remember).
      Grand Canyon(plane or helicopter)
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        You are taking the kids to Vegas? Makes me shiver thinking of taking the missus let alone the kids. Hope you are made of money... anyway...

Sky Tower and rides on the top!! V Scarey. Do it at night.
        White lions and tigers + Dolphins at Mirage. You can see in to BARE, the European (topless) pool from the dolphin area!!
        Blue Man Group
        O (Crique Du Soleil). Only one in water. Watch the making of it on TV if you are geeky. V impressive
        Indoor fun park at Circus Circus. Not v good and lots of hispanic kids. Depends on how old yours are.
        Roller coaster in New York New York
        Lions in MGM if you haven't seen Mirage
        Boatshow at TI/Fountains at Bellagio... obvious stuff...

Keep an eye out for shows. There are lots of little interesting ones not just the mainstream ones...

Hows that for starters. Grand Canyon/Hoover Dam missed off as I am sure you have thought of those.
        Thanks - yeah I've a feeling I'm going to come back broke without even gambling...
        We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
        - Douglas Adams

Comment

btw what's wrong with hispanic kids?!
          - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by PorkPie View Post
            btw what's wrong with hispanic kids?!
            Nothing, what I mean was there well be a lot of them as it is the only kids type theme park so every ankle biter in Vegas will be there and it isn't very big.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Nothing, what I mean was there well be a lot of them as it is the only kids type theme park so every ankle biter in Vegas will be there and it isn't very big.
              Whatever Adolf. :nazi:
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Which hotel are you staying in?

Some more....

Harrah's used to have one of the best buffet's on the strip. Largest and most choice.
                If the kids are old enough go to the Cosmopolitan in the middle of the strip. Some superb restaurants in there but the price will match!
                Try and find the Dueling piano bars. One in New York New York is a bit small so go to the one in Harrahs. They can be fun evening entertainment for kids and adults alone. Not too rowdy early on.
                Again I don't know how old the kids are but if there is a WSOP or big event on go look at the number of people in the poker rooms. Quite impressive. Don't bother if you don't like poker or they are young. Rio hosts WSOP normally so if you are a fan have a look but it is off the strip.
                If you have teenage lads Dita Von Teese does a turn in Luxor from time to time.

Can't think of anything else but find myself sitting here wondering why on earth you are taking the kids to Vegas :|

Comment

I took a scenic air flight from LV airport to the rim of the Grand Canyon (flying over Hoover Dam), followed by a helicopter flight down into the Canyon, landed by the side of the Colarado and had a short boat trip before flying out again.

One of the best experiences of my life, the size of the canyon is simple breathtaking as you fly down by helicopter.

Wasnt cheap, about £200 each and that was about 10 years ago. Well worth doing in my opinion.

Comment

Where's Tarbera when you need him?
                    World's Best Martini

Comment

Working...
                    X