PDA

View Full Version : How well do you sleep?

chef
2nd May 2012, 05:52
After a night thinking about today's work, I wondered how well fellow CUKers sleep.

Poll is multiple choice.

SupremeSpod
2nd May 2012, 05:59
Invalid poll, no AndyW option.

chef
2nd May 2012, 06:03
Invalid poll, no AndyW option.

nope, even andyw must sleep, I decided this poll would benefit having a GAL/Dalek option instead.

SupremeSpod
2nd May 2012, 06:10
I for one welcome our new GAL/Dalek overlords!

You grovelling bastard!

Btw, I sleep like a dog. With my nose resting on my bollocks!

mudskipper
2nd May 2012, 06:13
My back wakes me up and keeps me awake every night and has done for months. Not quite curry house, and worrying about it doesn't keep me awake, but I guess it comes under 'health issues'.

SupremeSpod
2nd May 2012, 06:16
My back wakes me up and keeps me awake every night and has done for months. Not quite curry house, and worrying about it doesn't keep me awake, but I guess it comes under 'health issues'.

Go and get it sorted!

A woman is ******** useless if she can't spend at least some of the time on her back!

mudskipper
2nd May 2012, 06:24
Go and get it sorted!

A woman is ******** useless if she can't spend at least some of the time on her back!

Clearly you lack imagination. ;)

BrilloPad
2nd May 2012, 06:26
nope, even andyw must sleep

Only when his mummy puts him in a nappy and gives him a bottle.

SupremeSpod
2nd May 2012, 06:30

Some of the time.

Learn to read.

BrilloPad
2nd May 2012, 06:50

What else can one do? :confused:

And yes you do have to spell it out for me.....

MarillionFan
2nd May 2012, 07:04
Like a Gazelle ready for action. Very light sleeper, wake up alert which is annoying, so I have to have a few drinks to dull the alertness each night.

ThomasSoerensen
2nd May 2012, 09:43
I cannot remember having a bad nights sleep. Often it feels like the morning alarm BUZZ-RING-DING-DONG!!!!! comes a bit too early though.

I have learned to appreciate that I sleep well as I hear from many people who have trouble sleeping that it is very very annoying.

alreadypacked
2nd May 2012, 09:50
Sleep very soundly as long as I don't have Tea or Coffee in the evening. :tired

I do have to take sleeping pill for a week when working in India or USA, and a week, when I come back.

SimonMac
2nd May 2012, 10:08
As a founder member of the CUK Insomniac Club I think that speaks for its self

hyperD
2nd May 2012, 10:25
Never been able to sleep more than 6 hours... if I try I end up getting a sore back and feel rough as ****.

oscarose
2nd May 2012, 12:03
I’ve found antihistamines (Piriton in particular) very helpful recently to ensure a good night’s sleep, although it does take me until at least mid afternoon to wake up properly (depending on how many I’ve taken the previous evening).

HTH

wim121
2nd May 2012, 12:23
I’ve found antihistamines (Piriton in particular) very helpful recently to ensure a good night’s sleep, although it does take me until at least mid afternoon to wake up properly (depending on how many I’ve taken the previous evening).

Yes, some anti-histamines and sleeping tablets contain the same active ingredient. However anti-histamines are far cheaper, just for a different label.

In response to the poll, I was tempted to pick the insomniac option but picked the "shut the f**k up" one. Every night, the OH will go up, not a sound! Then as soon as I climb in to bed later, non stop snoring! Drives me mad.