PDA

View Full Version : Gareth Williams - body in the bag whodunnit

Alf W
2nd May 2012, 13:07
My money's on the landlord.

Sands of Time
2nd May 2012, 13:12
Miss Scarlet in the bathroom with a large holdall.

Tone

BrilloPad
2nd May 2012, 13:13
Its the Russians.

Where was atw at the time of death?

OwlHoot
2nd May 2012, 13:30
From what's been reported recently it's pretty obvious he invited someone or a couple back to his flat for a bondage session, and they overdid the locked in a bag scenario and accidently killed him.

I was slightly surprised that it would take only about three minutes to suffocate. You'd think enough air would leak in to last ages if not indefinitely.

Anyway, it seems rather unusual to even own a holdall large enough to climb into, except for bondage capers. Anyone here own one? Well MF, obviously. But otherwise I doubt it.

amcdonald
2nd May 2012, 13:40
From what's been reported recently it's pretty obvious he invited someone or a couple back to his flat for a bondage session, and they overdid the locked in a bag scenario and accidently killed him..

Or he was known for doing bondage, and either our government or a foreign one wanted him dead, and thought this would look plausible for their cleaners to fix up after his death

MarillionFan
2nd May 2012, 13:43
My money's on the landlord.

Nah. Doesn't look the type.

http://swns.com/images/stories/chrisjefferies2/chrisjefferies2.jpg

BrilloPad
2nd May 2012, 13:44
Anyway, it seems rather unusual to even own a holdall large enough to climb into

I once bought one when emigrating to Zurich. I then found it was too heavy to carry. :emb

AtW
2nd May 2012, 13:47
Or he was known for doing bondage, and either our government or a foreign one wanted him dead, and thought this would look plausible for their cleaners to fix up after his death

Surely engaging in such things would have made him weak spot that justs asks to be exploited by foreign intelligence services? :eyes

BrilloPad
2nd May 2012, 13:48
Surely engaging in such things would have made him weak spot that justs asks to be exploited by foreign intelligence services? :eyes

These days no-one cares.

OwlHoot
2nd May 2012, 13:53
These days no-one cares.

And anyway, most of them probably have some bizarre sexual peccadillo.

The cleverest ones are the worst, because they have the most imagination. :rolleyes:

Sands of Time
2nd May 2012, 14:48
From what's been reported recently it's pretty obvious he invited someone or a couple back to his flat for a bondage session, and they overdid the locked in a bag scenario and accidently killed him.

I was slightly surprised that it would take only about three minutes to suffocate. You'd think enough air would leak in to last ages if not indefinitely.

Anyway, it seems rather unusual to even own a holdall large enough to climb into, except for bondage capers. Anyone here own one? Well MF, obviously. But otherwise I doubt it.

I think suffocation occurs because of the restricted space and difficulty breathing - it freaks me out a bit. I heard the details on the radio, not good.

Tone

TimberWolf
2nd May 2012, 15:19
I was interested in this comment:

The coroner also criticised the police for the way they seized Mr Williams' work phone and other items, and she criticised his line manager, MI6 officer "G", saying his evidence "begins to stretch bounds of credibility".
BBC News - MI6 death: Gareth Williams 'probably' killed unlawfully (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17922388)

What was his evidence?

SupremeSpod
2nd May 2012, 15:21
I was interested in this comment:

What was his evidence?

I can tell you but then I'd have to place you in a large hold-all.

TimberWolf
2nd May 2012, 15:25
I can tell you but then I'd have to place you in a large hold-all.

You and whose army.

AtW
2nd May 2012, 15:30
Where is Baggy?!?

SupremeSpod
2nd May 2012, 15:38
You and whose army.

Now you're asking the right question...

Sysman
2nd May 2012, 15:43

Some newspaper hack did a tour of the CIA a few years ago and apparently they don't look for James Bond types. Instead they like folks who have gambling problems or the like so that they need the money and won't object too much if asked to do dirty work. As a newspaper hack he thought he was probably well qualified.