PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Hendry Quits

d000hg
2nd May 2012, 13:29
A little sad. Nice of them to bring him on for the crowd to say goodbye though.

Scoobos
2nd May 2012, 13:30
Shocker , I didn't see it coming.

OwlHoot
2nd May 2012, 13:33
Huh? Wasn't he steaming through the championship, thrashing all comers?

MarillionFan
2nd May 2012, 13:34

Looks like he got trounced 13-2 in the present round.

amcdonald
2nd May 2012, 13:42
Looks like he flounced when he was 13-2 down in the present round.

FTFY

d000hg
2nd May 2012, 13:42

Looks like he got trounced 13-2 in the present round.Yes and yes - he got a 147 in the first round and then trounced in the quarters. Says he already decided before the tournament started... sad way to finish but the 147 is nice :) I think he gets £50k bonus for it, unless someone else gets one?

Surprised with the CUK genteel clientele there is no discussion of snooker already.

northernladuk
2nd May 2012, 14:03
Sounds more like a world class flounce to me :eyes

d000hg
2nd May 2012, 14:06
Given he's hanging around doing commentary now rather than legging it to hide, I think I believe him

d000hg
2nd May 2012, 14:10
Ronnie has just won 3 frames in a row, and ended all 3 by fouling. Think he's taking the p.

TestMangler
2nd May 2012, 14:12
Sounds more like a world class flounce to me :eyes

That's what happens when you were world class at something to start with :tongue

You get to be world class with your flounce.

Maybe he'll start coming on here now for tips on how to start up a LTD. :laugh

Scoobos
2nd May 2012, 14:18
Ronnie has just won 3 frames in a row, and ended all 3 by fouling. Think he's taking the p.

Agreed and it wouldn't be the first time either.

Still surprised at Mr H, as he seemed to be having a bit of a return to form earlier on.

TimberWolf
2nd May 2012, 15:30
I never used to like watching him when he was beating everyone, but was hoping he would make a comeback during this tournament.

SupremeSpod
2nd May 2012, 15:41
What happened to Steve "Very Interesting" Davis?

OwlHoot
2nd May 2012, 15:44

I'm sure certain players fluff matches deliberately sometimes, probably not with a view to betting, or favouring bets, against themself, but just to keep the odds higher and more interesting in future games.

One snooker player I know claims that would be impossible. But I'd have thought the opposite was true. I mean you only have to be a fraction out to miss a long shot, and who besides the player could possibly tell it was deliberate?

DodgyAgent
2nd May 2012, 18:11
Maguire has little doubt he ended the career of Scotland's greatest sportsman.

:rollin::rollin: