• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

tv aerial in other rooms - suggestions please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tv aerial in other rooms - suggestions please

Morning.

Has anyone looked into this?

I want to get decent tv reception in the conservatory without installing a cable underfloorboards, through walls, ceilings etc etc.

The reception from an indoor aerial in that room is very poor, so that's not really an option.

In the living room, where the aerial point is, there's Telewest cable. I looked into getting a wirless tv transmitter/receiver - but ny understanding is that they only broadcast the station that's playing on the cable. What I'd really like is for the tv in the conservatory to be independant of the Telewest channel being shown in the living room.

Is there a wireless device that will replace the aerial cable, and get all channels to the conservatory?
    Is there any other solution? Any ideas?

cheers

gus

Originally posted by gus
    Is there a wireless device that will replace the aerial cable, and get all channels to the conservatory?
    Is there any other solution? Any ideas?
    Mmmm am afraid this is the wrong site. Of course, if Threaded or AtW are not on-line since they both have an answer to life, the universe and everything.

However, have a look around the AV forums. There's a lot of info. Have you looked up the Philips wireless transmittors? They seem to work with Sky too (allegedly, never tried).
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Just subscribe to Sky multiroom.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Very good Franko, and yes, I do have an answer to this as I had the self same problem: I have some Philips wireless link boxs (VL1400): a transmitter that takes four SCARTs, so can get both satellite boxes, DVD, and VHS in, and little receivers dotted around with each TV. It's kinda two way so you can also use the remote controls remotely. Switching the microwave on blows it out of the water, and forget about wireless networking.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

wrong? surely not with the massive IQs here ...

Francko

The problem with the wireless transmitters is they broadcast the channel that's been selected in the other room (as far as I'm aware) - i want the conservatory tv to be able to view any channel.

Mr Crosby

I'm tied to Telewest I'm afraid. No Sky for me ...

Comment

Originally posted by gus
            Francko

The problem with the wireless transmitters is they broadcast the channel that's been selected in the other room (as far as I'm aware) - i want the conservatory tv to be able to view any channel.

Mr Crosby

I'm tied to Telewest I'm afraid. No Sky for me ...
            I was until last month Gus, the robbing bas*tards.

Comment

threaded ...

... does your set-up enable your tvs to show different channels at the same time?

is my understanding of the wirless transmitters correct - that they broadcast the selected channel, not the whole spectrum?

Comment

mr crosby ...

i have phone, internet, & cable through Telewest. I've been quite happy with them, apart from the fact that any new customers get a much better deal than me, a loyal one.

Comment

Originally posted by gus
                  i have phone, internet, & cable through Telewest. I've been quite happy with them, apart from the fact that any new customers get a much better deal than me, a loyal one.
                  The new customer deals are an annoyance, aren't they? I was an early adopter of Sky+ so my hard disk is 40GB, whereas new customers now get 80GB.
                  Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by gus
                    I was the same, and never noticed the mothley direct debit had crept up to £100+ a month. Im not there in the week so either the Mrs was on the phone 8-10 hours a day or I was getting in late at the weekend and subscribing to wnak TV channels.

Comment

Working...
                    X