• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here worked at JP Morgan?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here worked at JP Morgan?

I've been offered an interview there. Didn't one of the main posters on this site work there?
    Any views on the place?

There was one whose name nobody remembers but the last we heard he was doing time for crimes against humanity - locked up for life.

Comment

Nope you are thinking of JT Marlin, which is where DodgyAgent used to work:

"A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

I did almost 2 years for them and I think much depends on what bit you are working and who with. I liked my time there but I was in the IB backwater of reg reporting.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Interesting.

I'm there currently.

This is my second stint.

Usual big corporate atmosphere, some knobs but mostly nice people. Managers vary, hope you get a fair one.

They have just bought in a 1 year max stay policy for contractors, down from 3 years, I managed an exception for 6 months from March, but have been told in no uncertain terms that it will all end in Sept. I have heard there future aim is to be contractor free. Not sure if that is possible, but be aware.

Nice to be out of the politics, bonus grabbing, objective setting and promotion seeking stuff.

Nice new office in Canary Wharf if you can stand the naff commute.

What skillset do you use? PM, Dev, BA?
          Last edited by Scrag Meister; 3 May 2012, 08:41.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
            Interesting.

I'm there currently.

This is my second stint.

Usual big corporate atmosphere, some knobs but mostly nice people. Managers vary, hope you get a fair one.

They have just bought in a 1 year max stay policy for contractors, down from 3 years, I managed an exception for 6 months from March, but have been told in no uncertain terms that it will all end in Sept. I have heard there future aim is to be contractor free. Not sure if that is possible, but be aware.

Nice to be out of the politics, bonus grabbing, objective setting and promotion seeking stuff.

Hi Scrag Miester! Is the 1 year max stay policy still applies at JP? being interviewed there, not sure if I should give up my current rolling contract.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
              Any views on the place?
              They had free-beer-Friday and I got to play around on the Internet for the other four days. Paid 100 pounds an hour.

I heard it's gone downhill since they went bankrupt though.

Comment

Interesting.

I'm there currently.

This is my second stint.

JPM are stange. I know one contractor who has been there since 1988!
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by panadol View Post
                  Hi Scrag Miester! Is the 1 year max stay policy still applies at JP? being interviewed there, not sure if I should give up my current rolling contract.
                  It most certainly is, it only came in in January.

2 weeks to go.

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  JPM are stange. I know one contractor who has been there since 1988!
                  That does surprise me as they seem quite intent on implementing the policy fully.

I am sure there is always room for an exception if the business demands it, so not really surprising I suppose.
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

It most certainly is, it only came in in January.

2 weeks to go.

That does surprise me as they seem quite intent on implementing the policy fully.

I am sure there is always room for an exception if the business demands it, so not really surprising I suppose.
                    When I was there they had 3 policies - 2y, 3y and 10y. Is it 1y for everyone now?

Comment

Working...
                    X