• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank Charges

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank Charges

With the issue of over inflated bank charges being in vogue at the moment, I decided to find out what charges I had paid. Using a slightly modified letter from a related website, I wrote to my branch requesting details of my bank charges over the past 6 years as per the DPA. I enclosed a £10 cheque.

Imagine my surprise this morning when through my letterbox came 3 envelopes containing a printout of the past 6 years worth of statements!!! This was all anonymous with none of the enclosed letters having been signed. I even got a "with Compliments" slip containing an (un-signed note) stating that my cheque was being returned as this "service" was provided free of charge!

None too happy, I called the bank and made an official complaint. I was informed that this was how they responded to the request normally but since I have been so specific in my letter, she would action what I originally asked for!!

Grrr!!!

Anyone else got similar experiences to share??!

Working...
X