• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Those naughty civil servants.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those naughty civil servants.

BBC News - Civil service tax loopholes: Thousands on special contracts

£220/day?

I wouldn't get out of bed for that.

And isn't this sort of thing exactly what IR35 was intended to catch?

Something about the mote in someone else's eye whilst ignoring the beam in one's own springs to mind.

Thing that gets me is it seems to be one rule for HMRC and one rule for the rest of us.

If they are so against contractors then just end their contracts. Except the IT ones that is.

Comment

CUK actually did a piece on this, defending them as if they were ordinary contractors. They are not contractors they are employees. Big difference! And the special allowance they were given to say ir35 wouldn't affect them shows we are most certainly not all in this together.

Comment

The 220 is only a benchmark over which, in 6 months they (intend) to offer you permie terms or leave. You could be working for 350 a day or more up to that point.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          The 220 is only a benchmark over which, in 6 months they (intend) to offer you permie terms or leave. You could be working for 350 a day or more up to that point.
          I bet all that will happen is enforced time off between renewals, similar to the effect of the money laundering regs
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

IR35 exemption? Isn't that an unlawful government subsidy? Can I claim compensation?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
            X