• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ex Giant Powerhouse Contractors - Help wanted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ex Giant Powerhouse Contractors - Help wanted

Please can anyone who was a Giant Powerhouse contractor to see if they still have a copy of the personal accident insurance that was offered when you signed up?

I'm unable to find my copy and need it in order to claim.
    Last edited by cojak; 3 May 2012, 13:15. Reason: Removed personal information - people can still help you with this info.

Originally posted by When will it all end View Post
    Please can anyone who was a Giant Powerhouse contractor to see if they still have a copy of the personal accident insurance that was offered when you signed up?

I'm unable to find my copy and need it in order to claim.
    Didn't that arm of the company fold up a few years ago? I doubt if that sort of insurance would still be valid if you were no longer working through them
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
      Didn't that arm of the company fold up a few years ago? I doubt if that sort of insurance would still be valid if you were no longer working through them
      My husband was killed in an accident while he was with Giant Powerhouse.

Thank you Cojak for the 'editing' of information, but I would prefer not to keep going over the facts, as painful as they are.
      Last edited by When will it all end; 3 May 2012, 13:59.

Comment

Sorry to hear that When Will It all End. Although Powerhouse is no longer trading I believe the senior management structure is the same so the personnel at Giant Group should be able to help you as they should still have that sort of information on file.

Good luck
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
          Sorry to hear that When Will It all End. Although Powerhouse is no longer trading I believe the senior management structure is the same so the personnel at Giant Group should be able to help you as they should still have that sort of information on file.

Good luck
          Thanks Lisa,

I did explain before, but my posting has been very unhelpfully butchered!

I have contacted Giant, as far back as 2006 and they have denied that my husband was a 'Powerhouse' client, despite several documents that my husband printed off with that heading. Despite many requests, they have never produced a copy of his contract. They have denied the existence of Accident Insurance which was stated on the Giant Powerhouse website, then later shutdown!

This is why I need to contact other Ex Giant Powerhouse clients to see if anyone has a copy of the policy.

My husbands work involved sensitive MOD secrets, so I was not allowed anywhere near his laptop after his death, otherwise I'd have all the evidence I'd need.

and....Whoever you are ....PLEASE don't delete all or part of this message!!!!!.

Comment

Hi

I was with Giant Powerhouse in 2006.

I still have printouts of the schedule of insurance but unfortunately I did not keep the insurance document itself.
            The schedule was issued by QDOS so maybe they can help....

Bi
            Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

Originally posted by To BI or not to BI? View Post
              Hi

I was with Giant Powerhouse in 2006.

I still have printouts of the schedule of insurance but unfortunately I did not keep the insurance document itself.
              The schedule was issued by QDOS so maybe they can help....

Bi

Thank you so much M. It's a relief to hear from you!

Please email me the copy of the schedule to [email protected]. I have called QDOS but they need to see a copy of the schedule, being 5 years since the end of Giant Powerhouse, they don't have anything at hand.

A note for anyone who uses Giant or another company that is paperless

PLEASE print off your accident insurance policy if you have one, incase (God forbid), anything should happen to you, so that your spouse doesn't have years of brick walls to deal with, life is really hard enough without companies trying to get out of there obligations.

Comment

No probs. Will do that tonight when I get home.

Hope it helps to get things sorted out
                Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

Working...
                X