PDA

View Full Version : Ex Giant Powerhouse Contractors - Help wanted

When will it all end
3rd May 2012, 12:59
Please can anyone who was a Giant Powerhouse contractor to see if they still have a copy of the personal accident insurance that was offered when you signed up?

I'm unable to find my copy and need it in order to claim.

LisaContractorUmbrella
3rd May 2012, 13:45
Please can anyone who was a Giant Powerhouse contractor to see if they still have a copy of the personal accident insurance that was offered when you signed up?

I'm unable to find my copy and need it in order to claim.

Didn't that arm of the company fold up a few years ago? I doubt if that sort of insurance would still be valid if you were no longer working through them

When will it all end
3rd May 2012, 13:52
Didn't that arm of the company fold up a few years ago? I doubt if that sort of insurance would still be valid if you were no longer working through them

My husband was killed in an accident while he was with Giant Powerhouse.

Thank you Cojak for the 'editing' of information, but I would prefer not to keep going over the facts, as painful as they are.

LisaContractorUmbrella
3rd May 2012, 14:22
Sorry to hear that When Will It all End. Although Powerhouse is no longer trading I believe the senior management structure is the same so the personnel at Giant Group should be able to help you as they should still have that sort of information on file.

Good luck

When will it all end
3rd May 2012, 20:15
Sorry to hear that When Will It all End. Although Powerhouse is no longer trading I believe the senior management structure is the same so the personnel at Giant Group should be able to help you as they should still have that sort of information on file.

Good luck

Thanks Lisa,

I did explain before, but my posting has been very unhelpfully butchered!

I have contacted Giant, as far back as 2006 and they have denied that my husband was a 'Powerhouse' client, despite several documents that my husband printed off with that heading. Despite many requests, they have never produced a copy of his contract. They have denied the existence of Accident Insurance which was stated on the Giant Powerhouse website, then later shutdown!

This is why I need to contact other Ex Giant Powerhouse clients to see if anyone has a copy of the policy.

My husbands work involved sensitive MOD secrets, so I was not allowed anywhere near his laptop after his death, otherwise I'd have all the evidence I'd need.

and....Whoever you are ....PLEASE don't delete all or part of this message!!!!!.

To BI or not to BI?
4th May 2012, 06:55
Hi

I was with Giant Powerhouse in 2006.

I still have printouts of the schedule of insurance but unfortunately I did not keep the insurance document itself.
The schedule was issued by QDOS so maybe they can help....

Bi

When will it all end
4th May 2012, 09:48
Hi

I was with Giant Powerhouse in 2006.

I still have printouts of the schedule of insurance but unfortunately I did not keep the insurance document itself.
The schedule was issued by QDOS so maybe they can help....

Bi

Thank you so much M. It's a relief to hear from you!

Please email me the copy of the schedule to beverley@maisonsetjardins.com. I have called QDOS but they need to see a copy of the schedule, being 5 years since the end of Giant Powerhouse, they don't have anything at hand.

A note for anyone who uses Giant or another company that is paperless

PLEASE print off your accident insurance policy if you have one, incase (God forbid), anything should happen to you, so that your spouse doesn't have years of brick walls to deal with, life is really hard enough without companies trying to get out of there obligations.

To BI or not to BI?
4th May 2012, 10:32
No probs. Will do that tonight when I get home.

Hope it helps to get things sorted out