• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London sucks the life out of Britain?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London sucks the life out of Britain?

London sucks the life out of Britain - Northern MP in astonishing rant against capital - Telegraph

I agree! Let London become independent. Lets stopping dragging the rest of the UK down.

Will find out tomorrow - going to ze City ...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      London sucks the life out of Britain - Northern MP in astonishing rant against capital - Telegraph

I agree! Let London become independent. Lets stopping dragging the rest of the UK down.
      He does have a point! It's also chock full of utter c**ts
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

We do our best in London to encourage businesses to grow elsewhere by making it so expensive to live and work here.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          He does have a point! It's also chock full of utter c**ts
          You still working there then?
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            You still working there then?
            Yes, until I get arrested for tossing some anti social f***wit under a tube train

To quote George Constanza:
            "we're living in a society! We're supposed to act in a civilized way."
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              Yes, until I get arrested for tossing off some anti social f***wit on a tube train

To quote George Constanza:
              "we're living in a society! We're supposed to act in a civilized way."
              FTFY
              Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Here is the real truth behind his rant:

"Here, Margaret Thatcher ruined manufacturing to serve the interests of a City keen to acquire assets overseas rather than investing in Britain."
                Austin Mitchell needs to get over it. It was thirty years ago that Thatcher alledgedly "ruined manufacturing". And how exactly did she do this? By swinging her handbag around and flattening the old steel forges?
                Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  We do our best in London to encourage businesses to grow elsewhere by making it so expensive to live and work here.
                  Suits me

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                    And how exactly did she do this?
                    Easy - when banks can make lots of money by ripping customers off, playing on stock markets making money every nanosecond, then why would they invest into risky businesses with 5-7% ROI?

Comment

Working...
                    X