• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will be benched in a months time...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will be benched in a months time...

.... at the most. Decided to terminate my contract today. Please abuse me with your wit and humour.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Sorry to hear that.

Your decision or theirs?

Onwards and upwards!

Tone

Comment

Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
      Sorry to hear that.

Your decision or theirs?

Onwards and upwards!

Tone
      Mine 100%. I won't bore with the reasons until it has been formally accepted tomorrow. I won't be sorry to leave to be honest.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Market is OK at the moment, nothing great but I'm getting realistic calls.

Comment

Got two months left on this gig but happy to extend if it happens, rumour is it should be but...
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
            Mine 100%. I won't bore with the reasons until it has been formally accepted tomorrow. I won't be sorry to leave to be honest.
            That is the thing I cannot get with permies, I have an self defined expire date on a project, I just get to a time I cannot be bothered anymore and have to move onto something new. Permies cling onto shit: jobs like frozen sailors cling to life boats.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              That is the thing I cannot get with permies, I have an self defined expire date on a project, I just get to a time I cannot be bothered anymore and have to move onto something new. Permies cling onto jobs like frozen sailors cling to life boats.
              I think I've fallen into a bit of a permie mindset. I'm like 'meh' with most things work wise now. I know I shouldn't take the last minute offer of a contract extension after my 'termination' last month. I should just forget it and wait for the US role I was 'offered' last week. Head of terms was supposed to arrive yesterday. Now Thursday, still no contact. I'm not going to chase it up. Now in limbo and more 'meh' than I think I've been in my entire contracting career.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I've kept my head down the last few years and put up with gigs just for the cashflow, but you're right you'd rather lose money to have fresh challenges in the end

Besides part of the contractor lifestyle is taking a few months off when you fancy it, and you can't do that in most permie jobs

It's not all about the money
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  I think I've fallen into a bit of a permie mindset. I'm like 'meh' with most things work wise now. I know I shouldn't take the last minute offer of a contract extension after my 'termination' last month. I should just forget it and wait for the US role I was 'offered' last week. Head of terms was supposed to arrive yesterday. Now Thursday, still no contact. I'm not going to chase it up. Now in limbo and more 'meh' than I think I've been in my entire contracting career.

You know what, if you can afford it I'd say you need a bit of bench time.. I've been there a few years ago and the break was worth it (i did fook off to Indonesia and Malaysia for a few months tho).

OP, hope it works out for you mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                    You know what, if you can afford it I'd say you need a bit of bench time.. I've been there a few years ago and the break was worth it (i did fook off to Indonesia and Malaysia for a few months tho).

OP, hope it works out for you mate.
                    I know the areas very well. Now kids. Say no more.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X