• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Customer Service

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer Service

<rant mode>

Home late in the day, a leaflet drop in the post for Domino's, so "what the hell", I think, "I'll order a pizza".
    I call the number, and the most feckless, gurning, knuckle-dragging half-wit ever in the history of customer service answers the phone.
    What should be a - 2mins, tops - simple order turns into an ordeal where I have to repeat the chosen menu item, and my delivery details several times until some neurons fire at the other end of the line, and a lightbulb momentarily flickers.
    If say, you were running a business that relies heavily on telephone orders, why the hell would you choose someone with a tenuous grasp of the English language and no fecking clue about your products, as the sole pivot between your customers and your orders? WHY?
    Grr.

</rant mode>

Anyone with any intelligence or ambition wouldn't work there.

The most they can hope for is the odd uni student trying to stay out of debt
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
      <rant mode>

Home late in the day, a leaflet drop in the post for Domino's, so "what the hell", I think, "I'll order a pizza".
      I call the number, and the most feckless, gurning, knuckle-dragging half-wit ever in the history of customer service answers the phone.
      What should be a - 2mins, tops - simple order turns into an ordeal where I have to repeat the chosen menu item, and my delivery details several times until some neurons fire at the other end of the line, and a lightbulb momentarily flickers.
      If say, you were running a business that relies heavily on telephone orders, why the hell would you choose someone with a tenuous grasp of the English language and no fecking clue about your products, as the sole pivot between your customers and your orders? WHY?
      Grr.

</rant mode>
      good point, well made

obviously we need regulation
      a pizzcom regulatory structure, and a fast food tsar
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        good point, well made

obviously we need regulation
        a pizzcom regulatory structure, and a fast food tsar
        And I want to know what their margins are just in case they make some kind of profit.

Our nearest Domino's pizza place is not too bad, often Eastern European but they usually sound bright and are pleasant. Did the pizza turn up and did it taste OK?

Comment

i dunno

we need a five year plan
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
            And I want to know what their margins are just in case they make some kind of profit.

Our nearest Domino's pizza place is not too bad, often Eastern European but they usually sound bright and are pleasant. Did the pizza turn up and did it taste OK?
            You need someone with a pizza model to tell you that. Interesting franchise business Dominos.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
              Did the pizza turn up and did it taste OK?
              It was acceptable.
              I won't be ordering from them again, next time I'll try the expensive Italian pizza place. Same faff ordering, but a better cost-benefit ratio.

Comment

Ah well you need to live in a technologically advanced country then, I do all my orders online Plus we don't have Dominos, we have Joeys
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Got a Domino's leaflet in the door yesterday, £9.99 for a pizza? Taking the piss. Profit margins, you need to ask?
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Got a leaflet drop some time ago in my local village in Numptonshire, decided like yourself, "What the heck, I'll order a pizza", went through the order etc, etc... when asked for address I got "sorry, we don't deliver to that area". Ok, WTF are you doing leaflet dropping in my village then if you don't bleedin' well deliver??????????
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X