• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Please explain it like I am a 3 yr old !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please explain it like I am a 3 yr old !

Please don't quote in full it messes the thread up.
    Please don't post if you are not sure I'm already here in my head.
    Still here thanks
    I am living with my partner and new baby she is on 40 k and paye - it sounds horrid and is especially knowing what all this tax is getting wasted on.
    I am a contractor using my own ltd as normal.
    Please simply state if I can pay our childcarer from my ltd as it allows me to work.
    I have seen 2 figures reading around all the threads in this forum but I'm a bit simple and need it to be said in simple terms.
    The first figure is 55 per week. I have read and afaik this is an amount an employee can if they choose pay directly towards the childcarer.
    The second figure is 240 per month and is called childcarer vouchers but that is misleading as it afaik is a an amount one does not count as income to work out the paye tax.

So please can we get some very clearly put advice in laymans terms. Our childcarer is 60 per day and is our biggest bill just more than mortgage. Would be nice to get some help to allow us both to keep working.
    Thanks for listening.

If its not wholly necessarily and exclusively for your LTD then no.

My view is this has duality and is therefore not.

If you are getting 40k PAYE and you are a contractor then I think you can afford 60 a day...

To summarise - NO.

Comment

Originally posted by ladyGaGa View Post
      Still here thanks
      I am living with my partner and new baby she is on 40 k and paye - it sounds horrid and is especially knowing what all this tax is getting wasted on.
      Please simply state if I can pay our childcarer from my ltd as it allows me to work.
      I have seen 2 figures reading around all the threads in this forum but I'm a bit simple and need it to be said in simple terms.
      The first figure is 55 per week. I have read and afaik this is an amount an employee can if they choose pay directly towards the childcarer.
      The second figure is 240 per month and is called childcarer vouchers but that is misleading as it afaik is a an amount one does not count as income to work out the paye tax.

So please can we get some very clearly put advice in laymans terms. Our childcarer is 60 per day and is our biggest bill just more than mortgage. Would be nice to get some help to allow us both to keep working.
      Thanks for listening.
      Please simply state if I can pay our childcarer from my ltd as it allows me to work. - No

Your partner can apply for childcare vouchers. It's like a 'salary sacrafice' and there will be a 'tax benefit'.

If you're doing base salary + divvy, then your base salary is low, therefore it is not worth it.

When you're child reaches 3 (and a certain date) there is a discount that can be applied at nurseries(private probably not).

I would suggest your partner speaks to her employer, that's where the benefit would be.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I am living with my partner and new baby she is on 40 k and paye
        I tried to restrain myself, I really did.

Why have a baby if when it's "new" you just want to offload it... Ever heard of seperation anxiety...

I can excuse it when people are just scraping by 45k BETWEEN them, but if your getting 40k + your contracting then I'm pretty sure you can afford someone to stay at home, or at least pay for the upkeep of your own child.

And people wonder why we have problems ....

I'm off to go neck some valium.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post

Why have a baby if when it's "new" you just want to offload it... Ever heard of seperation anxiety...

I can excuse it when people are just scraping by 45k BETWEEN them, but if your getting 40k + your contracting then I'm pretty sure you can afford someone to stay at home, or at least pay for the upkeep of your own child.

Why would a 'he' register a 'lady' account? Just asking like

Comment

"I am living with my partner and new baby she is on 40 k and paye"

I'm assuming the baby isnt earning 40k , so it must be a reference to his wife.

They don't call me sherlock for nuthin - just 1 more paragraph and I could give you an address

Comment

I am living with my partner and new baby she is on 40 k and paye
              40K sounds a very good wage for a baby. I suggest you and your partner both put your feet up and live off the kid.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Perhaps they're both ladies?

Tone

Comment

Still here thanks

Thanks for listening.
                  If its not wholly necessarily and exclusively for your LTD then no.

My view is this has duality and is therefore not.

If you are getting 40k PAYE and you are a contractor then I think you can afford 60 a day...

To summarise - NO.
                  Please simply state if I can pay our childcarer from my ltd as it allows me to work. - No

Your partner can apply for childcare vouchers. It's like a 'salary sacrafice' and there will be a 'tax benefit'.

If you're doing base salary + divvy, then your base salary is low, therefore it is not worth it.

When you're child reaches 3 (and a certain date) there is a discount that can be applied at nurseries(private probably not).

I would suggest your partner speaks to her employer, that's where the benefit would be.

"I am living with my partner and new baby she is on 40 k and paye"

I'm assuming the baby isnt earning 40k , so it must be a reference to his wife.

They don't call me sherlock for nuthin - just 1 more paragraph and I could give you an address
                  Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  40K sounds a very good wage for a baby. I suggest you and your partner both put your feet up and live off the kid.
                  Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
                  Perhaps they're both ladies?

Tone
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    You've got your penis stuck in the hoover again haven't you?

Comment

Working...
                    X