PDA

View Full Version : Please explain it like I am a 3 yr old !

ladyGaGa
3rd May 2012, 20:15
Please don't quote in full it messes the thread up.
Please don't post if you are not sure I'm already here in my head.
Still here thanks :)
I am living with my partner and new baby she is on 40 k and paye - it sounds horrid and is especially knowing what all this tax is getting wasted on.
I am a contractor using my own ltd as normal.
Please simply state if I can pay our childcarer from my ltd as it allows me to work.
I have seen 2 figures reading around all the threads in this forum but I'm a bit simple and need it to be said in simple terms.
The first figure is 55 per week. I have read and afaik this is an amount an employee can if they choose pay directly towards the childcarer.
The second figure is 240 per month and is called childcarer vouchers but that is misleading as it afaik is a an amount one does not count as income to work out the paye tax.

So please can we get some very clearly put advice in laymans terms. Our childcarer is 60 per day and is our biggest bill just more than mortgage. Would be nice to get some help to allow us both to keep working.
Thanks for listening.

Scoobos
3rd May 2012, 20:20
If its not wholly necessarily and exclusively for your LTD then no.

My view is this has duality and is therefore not.

If you are getting 40k PAYE and you are a contractor then I think you can afford 60 a day...

To summarise - NO.

MarillionFan
3rd May 2012, 20:22
I am living with my partner and new baby she is on 40 k and paye - it sounds horrid and is especially knowing what all this tax is getting wasted on.
Please simply state if I can pay our childcarer from my ltd as it allows me to work.
I have seen 2 figures reading around all the threads in this forum but I'm a bit simple and need it to be said in simple terms.
The first figure is 55 per week. I have read and afaik this is an amount an employee can if they choose pay directly towards the childcarer.
The second figure is 240 per month and is called childcarer vouchers but that is misleading as it afaik is a an amount one does not count as income to work out the paye tax.

So please can we get some very clearly put advice in laymans terms. Our childcarer is 60 per day and is our biggest bill just more than mortgage. Would be nice to get some help to allow us both to keep working.
Thanks for listening.

Please simply state if I can pay our childcarer from my ltd as it allows me to work. - No

Your partner can apply for childcare vouchers. It's like a 'salary sacrafice' and there will be a 'tax benefit'.

If you're doing base salary + divvy, then your base salary is low, therefore it is not worth it.

When you're child reaches 3 (and a certain date) there is a discount that can be applied at nurseries(private probably not).

I would suggest your partner speaks to her employer, that's where the benefit would be.

Scoobos
3rd May 2012, 20:27
I am living with my partner and new baby she is on 40 k and paye

I tried to restrain myself, I really did.

Why have a baby if when it's "new" you just want to offload it... Ever heard of seperation anxiety...

I can excuse it when people are just scraping by 45k BETWEEN them, but if your getting 40k + your contracting then I'm pretty sure you can afford someone to stay at home, or at least pay for the upkeep of your own child.

And people wonder why we have problems ....

I'm off to go neck some valium.

MarillionFan
3rd May 2012, 20:29

Why have a baby if when it's "new" you just want to offload it... Ever heard of seperation anxiety...

I can excuse it when people are just scraping by 45k BETWEEN them, but if your getting 40k + your contracting then I'm pretty sure you can afford someone to stay at home, or at least pay for the upkeep of your own child.

Why would a 'he' register a 'lady' account? Just asking like

Scoobos
3rd May 2012, 20:30
"I am living with my partner and new baby she is on 40 k and paye"

I'm assuming the baby isnt earning 40k , so it must be a reference to his wife.

They don't call me sherlock for nuthin - just 1 more paragraph and I could give you an address :)

VectraMan
3rd May 2012, 20:31

40K sounds a very good wage for a baby. I suggest you and your partner both put your feet up and live off the kid.

Sands of Time
3rd May 2012, 20:37

Perhaps they're both ladies?

Tone

d000hg
3rd May 2012, 20:41

Thanks for listening.

If its not wholly necessarily and exclusively for your LTD then no.

My view is this has duality and is therefore not.

If you are getting 40k PAYE and you are a contractor then I think you can afford 60 a day...

To summarise - NO.

Please simply state if I can pay our childcarer from my ltd as it allows me to work. - No

Your partner can apply for childcare vouchers. It's like a 'salary sacrafice' and there will be a 'tax benefit'.

If you're doing base salary + divvy, then your base salary is low, therefore it is not worth it.

When you're child reaches 3 (and a certain date) there is a discount that can be applied at nurseries(private probably not).

I would suggest your partner speaks to her employer, that's where the benefit would be.

"I am living with my partner and new baby she is on 40 k and paye"

I'm assuming the baby isnt earning 40k , so it must be a reference to his wife.

They don't call me sherlock for nuthin - just 1 more paragraph and I could give you an address :)

40K sounds a very good wage for a baby. I suggest you and your partner both put your feet up and live off the kid.

Perhaps they're both ladies?

Tone:devil

MarillionFan
3rd May 2012, 20:42
:devil

You've got your penis stuck in the hoover again haven't you? :eyes

Bunk
3rd May 2012, 23:38
You've got your penis stuck in the hoover again haven't you? :eyes

Happens to the best of us.

cojak
4th May 2012, 05:53
And that's what you get for posting in General, folks. :laugh

Paddy
4th May 2012, 08:16

One smart baby

BrilloPad
4th May 2012, 08:18
Put the child into Nursery. Use Childcare vouchers.

More importantly, next time post threads like this in somewhere other than general!

nomadd
4th May 2012, 08:56
Please explain it like I am a 3 yr old ! (http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/78343-please-explain-like-i-am-3-yr-old.html)

Ask.
Your.
Accountant.

(NB. Not sure how many 3 year old's understand long words like "Accountant"?)